possible to fix?

spellman1989

Oct 17, 2013
I recently bought two falcon xbox 360's from someone on craigslist. Shortly after I ended up going to jail. Both consoles had been updated to latest dash but when both cut on they would only say "play game" with no picture and then spin up and go back to dashboard. I was looking into possibly r-jtagging them but upon inspection of the mobo it looked like someone had already soldered to the them. I am not sure if they soldered directly to them or used QSB's. I have tried to contact the guy I bought them from only to find out that he passed away. I was wondering by looking at the pictures provided could anyone tell me if I'd be able to still r-jtag them or are the pads screwed up too much? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
100MEDIA$IMAG00641.jpg
100MEDIA$IMAG00631.jpg

Last edited:

SlothGSR

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2012
Have you tried pot tweak to see if laser is going.. Also, yes you can rgh it to get the key.

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
have you tried swapping the drive from one console into the other and vice versa? to see if they had just been swapped round before you got them.

Last edited:

spellman1989

Oct 17, 2013
No soldering has gone on there they are just the standard headers, they have obviously just swapped the drives so you just need to recover the keys. What dashboard are they on is the first thing to look at.
They are on the latest dashboards as I just updated them before reflashing key onto dvd drive.

spellman1989

Oct 17, 2013
have you tried swapping the drive from one console into the other and vice versa? to see if they had just been swapped round before you got them.
yes i tried that but one is elite and the other is a pro. the elite had a liteon dvd drive and the pro had a benq in it so i figured it was right

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
Elite or pro it makes no difference to what drive they have in them pal. Ive seen elites with all the different drives and pros are the same.
the age of the console is a better guide to what drive should be in there but still not set in stone.
Anyway, if you tried swapping them and it didn't work, you will need to rgh 2 or rjtag to recover the drive key and osig which will tell you what drive should be in the console

Last edited:
Reactions: spellman1989

spellman1989

Oct 17, 2013
I would go with what ezzda1 said. seems like wrong dvd key I would RGH 2 it just for dvd key. no need really to purchase an R-jtag unless you're looking at keeping it in the console
So should i just order 1 ultimate kit and just use the jr programmer and coolrunner to get the keys from the mobo? If I do that would i be able to take it remove it and use them to r-jtag the one I plan to keep?

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
If you are going to put them back to stock once the keys have been recovered then it would be easier to go for RGH2 with a rev c coolrunner, a lot less soldering and potential damage. The boot time does not matter as it would only need to boot once. R-JTAG is best to be left installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: spellman1989

spellman1989

Oct 17, 2013
If you are going to put them back to stock once the keys have been recovered then it would be easier to go for RGH2 with a rev c coolrunner, a lot less soldering and potential damage. The boot time does not matter as it would only need to boot once. R-JTAG is best to be left installed.
I plan to R-jtag the elite console but i was wondering if i could use the jr programmer and coolrunner from the ultimate kit to rgh the pro and then still use them to rjtag the elite?

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
I plan to R-jtag the elite console but i was wondering if i could use the jr programmer and coolrunner from the ultimate kit to rgh the pro and then still use them to rjtag the elite?
The R-JTAG chip in in effect a coolrunner so if you buy the ultimate kit you have everything you need to do one console. The JR Programmer can be used for multiple consoles, if you buy a coolrunner on its own then you can use that for the other console and remove it if you like.

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
You can use the jrp and coolrunner to recover the keys on both.
Coolrunner and r jtag are 2 different glitch chips. Thay both do the same job but in a different way.
Find out what version mb they have.

spellman1989

Oct 17, 2013
You can use the jrp and coolrunner to recover the keys on both.
Coolrunner and r jtag are 2 different glitch chips. Thay both do the same job but in a different way.
Find out what version mb they have.
Thanks for clarifying that I hadn't realized that until now. By mobo version do you mean are they falcons? or do you mean cb version?

ezzda1

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2009
Bolton, UK
Yes are they falcons or jaspers etc.
if they are falcons you can use the coolrunner to get the keys but they will probably have super unstable boot times if left as rgh 2.
r jtag will give much better boot times but you will be hard pushed to find one as they were discontinued last year.