Post Your Success Stories !

CrazyCasem21

Jul 12, 2005
same story with my first xbox done in 15 minutes X3 with all the trimmings and AIO Install

360 8 minutes in and out. Another set of originals my nephews wont destroy. Although DL with those disc sheild stickers is still pretty damn expensive.

DavGerm4

May 24, 2006
Vekta
My installation took about 4 hours. Just because of bending the pins on the Xapt3r so they fit in the right spot. But ya, it works really well. Had one problem though. Sometimes the HDD thinks there is no data on it when there is like 50 GB on it. But whatever, I think I fixed it.

jhaase

Noob Account
Nov 28, 2006
- Bought an XCE

- Soldered in pin header and installed (OMG I wish my PS2 was this EZ)
(previous owner of my XB really made a mess of my Mobo but it works)

- Powered up and worked the 1st time.
(FlashBIOS menu didn't work so I had to buy a MS Controller)

- Attempted flashing with a CD-R burned at 2X no go

- Flashed using a CD-RW burned at 4X successfully

-W00T!

minhtos

Noob Account
Dec 26, 2006
I successfully set up X3 chip with the Xapter on an xbox v. 1.6 the xadapter was the hardest part! The pins were quite stubborn. After that it was smooth sailing. The only thing that I felt was strange was when i was trying to flash the bios, it kept saying locked. I realize that i needed to change the chip to red?? and then it worked fine.

bdiwha

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2006
Sand
So, I was getting ready to come over to this big sand box that God forgot...I loaded a game into my disk drive, went into my handy DVD2Xbox prog, and copied away. So, it spits out my disk at the end, I reboot to try and play it. BAM!!! nothing is 'rocking my box.' It boots to the original Xbox screen. Here I am just freaking the **** out. I didn't mod it! My older brother has all the computer skills.

So, I talked on the phone, and I surfed the net, and my wife was furious from being ignored. I stayed up for two days straight trying frantically to recover. See, my bro left me with nothing to backup my sh*t. I had no utilities, no nothing. So, I have to hunt to find shareware that will burn the right disk with all the right files to make a recovery disk, and I have no screen for the xbox cause I am at my in-laws house.

So here I am, two days from deployment, and frantically trying to fix this sh*t. Finally, I find the right build of EvolutionX. I get all those files, delete what I don't need. Then, I manage to get the right burn utility, ISO Recorder Power Toy by Alex Feinman. I couldn't even tell you where I found it, but I did. So, I got all my sh*t together, and made myself a recovery disk.

Now, of course, since I made the disk, I have never had a single problem. But, once I got into the Xbox, I found out that my old default.xbe had been rewritten somehow, and my xbox was acting like a damn fool. A fool with 200gigs of memory that is.

Little respect for a newbie????

somewhereone

Noob Account
Jan 26, 2007
Sin City, Nevada
I'm completely new to all this. I am not a gamer and I never will be. I was given an Xbox from a friend, so I read ALOT of stuff, screwed up big, and found the solution myself and I have Xebian up and running!! Never asked a question anywhere on this. Here is my tip for Thomson DVD rom. Use CloneCD to burn the ISO from Linux on a DVD-R. I used Phillips DVD-r and a new Sony dual layer DVD RW I got on sale at Fry's for $40. No probs here! Ta!

graydiggy

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
well after allot of failed mod attempts on many of my xboxes by some friends. and yes they did pay for the broken xboxes. lets say about 5. well i decided to say f**k it and did it myself and now im running my xbox like a pro with my new Xecuter 3 ce. with a 160 gb western digital hdd. and some pretty good usb mods i did myself. i would also like to giv out props to DJBOOBY for helping me out with some flashing probs and recovering my chip. its like new. thanx to everyone that helped.

gdavison

Noob Account
Jan 19, 2007
I modded my Xbox (ver1) middle of last year with a Xecuter 3 CE chip - I have to say personally I thought the mode was easy if the instructions are followed.. it was a solder mod as well

After geting a 360 I started to run XBMC on the unit and IMHO its a perfect media centre. I have tried a few Off the shelf commercial units (Dlink, Phillips and the Pinnacle ShowCentre lately) and XBMC on a chipped Xbox is infinitly better (using Tversity as the streaming server)

After getting really comfortable with XBMC, I used the inbuilt disk tools of the Xecuter chip to do a 120M to 400M hard disk upgrade in around 5 min ..of course not counting the multiple hours of FTP'ing all the old files off the old disk and then back onto the new disk..

Yesterday I added the Xecuter LCD Face plate ordered from mrmodchips.co.uk..

Install again was simple and was well within the 15 mins .. Again simply follow the instructions ...

System Looks great and LCD really imprives the XBMC :D

When I ordered the front panel I also got the IR Mod .. have not fitted that yet . but will do soon ...

Thanks

qqqqquu55

Jul 14, 2006
x3 ce lpc rebuild esay as pie

now i chargin my freinds $15 to install the chips

L3W1S 360

Mar 14, 2007
Iv done my 1st X360 mod this week. It don't sound like much but i changed the housing/case for my wireless controller. I got the XCM smooth black shell with built in LED light which light up the buttons when activated. It was a great success and i would recommend it 2 any1 who wont's a easy 1st mod. The only let down is if you do not have any soldering skills it can b a little bit tricky to add the LED'S. The kit includes the torx 8 screwdriver which you need to remove the tamper-proof screwed in the back. Accept for that a great & cheap mod :)

Comaxx

Jun 11, 2007
Surrey, UK
www.forumite.com
Just wanted to say thanks for all the support you guys gave.

I've been away so not had much time to play with my new modded box but its now up and running and being very sexy :D

I had a faulty box to begin with but the second one worked straight off the bat.

Thanks Again

-Comax

T-PGOR

Noob Account
1tb drive? might work.

i am working on getting a 1tb drive working in my box. i partitoned c,e,f,g to about 230 gig each + or - 5 or 6 gigs. keep the the others at 750 mb and all seems to be working. right now i am ftping the folders and saved games. made a folder for games in c,e,f,g and edited the xml file so avalaunch will see the folders. ill post back if all works well.

devilchi

Noob Account
Mar 6, 2009
Finally got to sign up for the forums. Bought a X3 about 2 months ago. First thing I messed up on was bought the solder-less adapter for the wrong version. I got the 1.6 got the old style. Sent if back (Divineo.com btw) got the right one. Pulled open my Xbox thinking I was about to be on top of the world in 10 minutes or less. Damn was I wrong, almost every place I needed to plug one of those wires in was solder. My hopes and dreams were dashed in seconds. Ran to the computer, there had to be a installer in the area. After doing lots and lots of searching could not find anyone withing hours of me and even those wanted more than I was willing to pay. How oh how was I going to get my dream xbox up and running. Well after days of sulking and making calls to chip installers that just seemed shady. (I will mention no names) I reached into my trusty pc repair kit. I am a network admin by trade and looked at the never used soldering iron. I grab a old junk tv remote and ripped the guts out and went to radio shack for some electronic solder and a flux pen. Now this was my first time with a soldering iron in my hand and even on garbage I was kinda nervouse. I was practicing to work on my only Xbox and i just couldnt replace it if i messed this up. Made alot of solder joints and even de-soldered a few so I knew what to expect. After a day of toying around it was the big day. I got out My Xbox pulled it apart and went to town. I did the hd wire and lan wire first since they seemed the easiest and needed a boost of confidence. Made the joints right, got that nice shine that everyone always talks about when making a solder joint so went on to the rest. The rebuild board pins were allittle tricky till I got thru a few. Then came the actualy board itself. My first 3 were very ugly and after I did the last one I went back and redid them. Now I was ready. I put it back togther and went to play my first backup. Christmas tree lights was what I got. OMG I just ruined my Xbox. I should have been patient and got someone else to do it right? Well I went back to my work table tore it all back apart. If you wouldnt know it. I forgot one joint. Fought the urge to rip my hair out and got the iron back out and made one more shinny joint. Put it all back togther, took a break my wife laughed at me and told me it would work. I glared back and used some choice words why she continued to laugh. Hooked it back up and since then have flashed my bios, installed evox, then went to avalaunch. I have installed almost all the emulators I love so much and have played many a back up on the X3. I love this chip and for someone that has never touched a soldering iron. With just a days practice on a old remote, it was very easy to install once I got myself togther. Thanks guys for this wonderfull piece of tech.

yuhang919

Noob Account
Jul 14, 2009
Good stories

edge10101

Noob Account
Dec 12, 2003
79FL Help

So ive been over the site like 5 times. Have read 20 threads and been pointed 5 diff ways.Theres a lot of info that has seem to be outdated or better ways have come out. Right now im staring at an open 360, nothing has been done yet. I have been to Jungleflasher skimmed over a few things but still dont feel like I have a complete grasp on exactly which parts I need to follow. Sata-USB Bridge Adapter??? Is that a must? Any other way?
Looking to play personal back up any "updated info" would be greatly appreciated

GodZilla

Console Freak
Oct 31, 2003
Re: 79FL Help

Well - serveral pieces of info needed here! like what drive you have in your xbox!
using a pc? what OS (32 or 64 bit), what sata chipset does it have!
then we can give you a more informed answer

edge10101

Noob Account
Dec 12, 2003

Sry for the lack of info
79FL Drive in Xbox
PC
Windows XP 32
680i Evga Mobo ill need to grab specs

xboxtop

Dec 8, 2003

Hey man, I just recently flashed my 79FL and found exactly what you did. It was very hard to find recent(or what seemed to be recent) way of flashing a hitachi 79fl drive. It is on here, and on other sites, I just found with this particular drive it seemed to be a little less obvious than others. I used jungle flasher, a via 6421 card with no drivers installed. I followed the tutorial and it was very easy, took me about 10 minutes to flash the whole thing which was very nice! If you go to jungleflashers website they have a tutorial and it will tell you before you start that you'll need .NET framework 2.0 or higher, and PortIO installed. I needed to install PortIO manually so you may have to as well. If you have any other questions just pm me! And if you get any what seems to be major JF errors, ask braveheart cuz he seems to be the man when it comes to that.

edge10101

Noob Account
Dec 12, 2003

Twinsen said:
You will need a VIA SATA PCI card and an XBox. That's about all you need.
Cant I just plug strait into the SATA port on the mobo?

I cant find any info on the "SATA - chip set" Sorry if I sounded rude with my original post just a little frustrated with myself. The problem was I found 3-4 different ways to mod the 79FL drive needing the 79unlock and set modeB etc etc. Then saw removing the chip and replacing it with lockpass or what ever "the was old post". And then finally stumbling on a thread with the Jungleflash. That tutorial had 3-4 different procedures. So thats the story, again I need some help with identifying my SATA chipset to get this moving.
Again thanks for the help