pot tweak question

capsone

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2011
i was pot tweaking my drive and i think my multimeter is bad in my frustration i turned both screws and need to know what the other screw the wrong one should be set at thanks for any help:facepalm:

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
Last edited:

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
My liteon right cd pot is set at 0.9 with my multimeter set to 20k hope this helps

---------- Post added at 01:59 ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 ----------

Just looked at my other drive it is set at 2.4 them drives have not had there pots messed with there factory setting ...so I geuss there is the a difference best thing is to set it higher and see how you go if there not reading to well then turn it down the reson I sey to set higher first is you will get longer life from your laser hope this update can help a little more:biggrin: let us know how you get on buddy

---------- Post added at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 ----------

And the DVD pots are set at 4.8 and 6.4 on the two drives I have

Reactions: capsone

capsone

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2011
hey thanks alot guys and you say its a cd pot so does that mean it has nothing to do with the games at all cuz my drive will play my originals but no back ups tried them on another console and there fine and sometimes start for a second on this drive also so flash is fine which is y im tryn to pot tweak

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
yer but as you proly have see not good to go less than 4 on the dvd pot have a look what the dvd pot is set at and then little by little between each tweak try the drive ..one other thing the drive is on the newest cfw ??

capsone

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2011
yes newest firmware i know about the first pot read tutorial which is y i attempted pot tweak but my meter is broke which i didnt realize till i was allready into it to far i grew frustrated and turned both pots reads original fine backups for a second i guess my real question is does it even matter what the second pot is set at if all im lookn to do is play games:Dthanks again

capsone

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2011
ive basically explained twice i had a multi meter. to fully explain i discovered it wasnt workn correctly bcuz i kept gettn different readings as i was testn for sweet spot hookn up drive unhookn drive retestn different reading then i just set at. ive now bought another meter and just want to know if the cd pot even matters does it effect game disks at all cuz ive cranked it all kinda ways, bfor i bought new meter now have it set back to wer i believe i started but if i trashed the cd pot does it matter? like bfor plays original game, back ups for a second, firmware is fine,backups are fine.thanks for the help

RED 1

Nov 1, 2011
UK
Have you tried playing a music cd on your Xbox?

RED 1

Nov 1, 2011
UK
Give it a go, see if it plays ok?