Potentially dead CR4???

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
Hi guys,

I recently went to use my Trinity CR4 console + Demon and it wouldn't boot, you could hear the console in a glitch loop fans spinning up and down every half a second or so...

Opened the console, everything looks fine, no loose wires, double checked all connections.

Opened J-runner and checked nands, all was well, No debug light when trying to boot.

Jigged a few wires around and now I have a solid red power AND a solid green debug light?

In my haste I tried to use the other timing files, And I'm now as a brick wall.

Any ideas? (Also, is there a firmware download for the CR4 in case i bricked it?...)

xxbeefydjxx

Apr 16, 2019
Xbox
are you able to boot into retail nand?
I honestly feel like banging my head against a brick wall, this is the second time this console has straight refused to boot or even glitch...

I am able to flash to both nands, read and write using J-Runner and the port on the back of the console from the Demon.
I am able to boot into retail from the stock nand side. I haven't tried again but I could also boot stock nand from the Demon side too so it's definitely not the Demon.

I got the console to glitch perfectly fine when I first installed the CR4, Left it a while and installed an xK3y, in the process accidentally knocked the Ground off the video shielding so I redid that entirely, I then triple checked my soldering for all the other connections including the CPU_RST line, etc. They're all solid as a rock, no cold joints.

I'm pretty sure it's where I flashed the damn RGX timing to the CR4, in which case it's not booting because it's not the same wiring?
I need someone to dump the FW from a CR4 so I can try reflash using J-Runner's advanced tool....

Ideally need this sorting because I'm supposed to be hosting a Lips karaoke night for NYE and all my contents on the RGH lmao