Power button no response

icefox

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Weirdest thing happened! Suddenly the power button doesn’t do anything in sxos. It won’t put switch to sleep or wake it up. Holding it for 15 secs do force switch off so the button is ok. And in ofw it works fine too. I’m on 2.9.2&9.0.1

I tried to remember what I did. I didn’t update fw or sxos. I only update h*****p. But even after removing everything related to h*****p the problem remains. Any ideas guys?
Oh so h b g is banned keyword. Interesting. But I’ve removed everything already.

BlueSn00w

SXOS 2.9.2 | 8.1.0
VIP Member
Sep 23, 2017
sn00wconsoles.com
Are you on Emunand or anything?

icefox

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Nope. I'm on the simplest setting nothing fancy. 9.0.1 + 2.9.2 that's it.

When installing the shop I copied the titles and execs_pathes folder from atmosphere to sxos. I then found out the power button doesn't work. When I restarted sx os refused to start giving me the constant 0002 error. I removed these folders from the sxos folder and sxos booted. But the power button is gone forever... can any of these changes have been embedded somewhere in the system? Anyway to remove them?

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
Nope. I'm on the simplest setting nothing fancy. 9.0.1 + 2.9.2 that's it.

When installing the shop I copied the titles and execs_pathes folder from atmosphere to sxos. I then found out the power button doesn't work. When I restarted sx os refused to start giving me the constant 0002 error. I removed these folders from the sxos folder and sxos booted. But the power button is gone forever... can any of these changes have been embedded somewhere in the system? Anyway to remove them?
You can try to start from scratch and see if that works.

icefox

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
Usa
You can try to start from scratch and see if that works.
What do you mean by start from scratch, restart? I tried restarting it doesn’t work. Unless it’s ofw then it works so it’s definitely something with cfw. If no one here knows how to make it work, the next thing I’ll try is resetting the console and reinstalling all homebrew. Not preferred but doable.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
"Start from the scratch": The act of redoing something that originally worked properly but now it does not. Only you know what and where was it working right. Information is on the site (maybe only you are experiencing this problem) and very reputable members are around, you just got to know how to ask or do a search.

icefox

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Sure. Thanks. Like I said it worked until I update the shop (you know which one) and copied some atmosphere folders into the sx os folder. I then removed them all but the power button didn’t come back. That’s why I’m at a loss. I can’t find anything I didn’t revert back in the entire sd card. Thanks for your comments, of course.

icefox

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Just to report back that since I didn't hear a quick solution, I reset the system and formatted the SD card. It's working properly now. Of course I lost past saves but I don't particularly care. Resetting a banned console is actually tricky. You need to restart and hold both volume + and - to enter a reset mode. Otherwise the console attempts to connect to a Nintendo server during resetting and you can't get passed it. Thanks for trying to help me.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
Just to report back that since I didn't hear a quick solution, I reset the system and formatted the SD card. It's working properly now. Of course I lost past saves but I don't particularly care. Resetting a banned console is actually tricky. You need to restart and hold both volume + and - to enter a reset mode. Otherwise the console attempts to connect to a Nintendo server during resetting and you can't get passed it. Thanks for trying to help me.
Well, you did started from scratch and when you did it your console worked. Have fun!

icefox

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Well, you did started from scratch and when you did it your console worked. Have fun!
sure. I always knew a reset is likely to solve the problem. I only wanted to check if I can avoid it, if someone has seen a similar problem before and know an easier fix.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
sure. I always knew a reset is likely to solve the problem. I only wanted to check if I can avoid it, if someone has seen a similar problem before and know an easier fix.
Sadly no, at least not in my case. Welcome to the forum. Reformatting and redownloading of newer files is a task that many all of us have to deal with, due to MicroSD corruption issues.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
So, hi foks.
After update have the same problem.
I think that's update problem, not system-like.
The important thing is that if you have the same issue, than follow the same steps and come back to report what happened.

pka4916

Aug 25, 2018
I reported this since day day one, that the button doesn't work after a reboot, therefor you cannot put it to sleep anymore.

you need to power cycle again. (hold all 3 buttons) for a minute orso.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
I reported this since day day one, that the button doesn't work after a reboot, therefor you cannot put it to sleep anymore.

you need to power cycle again. (hold all 3 buttons) for a minute orso.
Where is this post? I need more information. Does this happen when updating to the latest CFW? Did you try holding only the "power" button?

pka4916

Aug 25, 2018
I posted it in the Beta Thread. since day 1 that it came out.

The power button itself doesn't do anything anymore. I managed it working by holding all the buttons.. (common reset from Nintendo)

Note: this ONLY happens once you get a crash, and the SX reboots for you back into the SX screen..
So my guess it's a glitch in their reboot sequence after a crash.

Rum

Noob Account
Dec 26, 2019
Ru
Same problem here. I'm too lazy and too afraid to reset anything, so I came up with a lazy solution until the newer software is released. I go to sleep mode via main switch's menu, and turn in back by randomly pressing buttons on joycons. When the console is connected to the doc station I just take it out and put it back, after the screen turn on. Ask me anything about the problem, if it'll help you to understand it.

killakhalid

Noob Account
Jan 10, 2020
USA
I had this same problem. For me it was because of the sx autoloader. Just delete the folder 00FF0012656180FF from sxos/titles in your sd card and it should work again