Preconfiguring nands

cfull1

VIP Member
Mar 10, 2011
Texas!!
Is it possible to include kinect/avatar data from the official update in the (bb) nand?

Or is it possible to copy the update to the flash memory manually, without having to go through the update process.

Is there a way to skip all the dashboard intro crap automatically?

Can kinect config data be extracted and saved?

Thanks for any answers yall can provide.

RavenPhoenix

Mar 25, 2011
Sydney OZ
www.consoleme.webs.com
I know you can have the update stored on a BB512 Jasper cause I just done one last night by launching the update with only the MU available for storage.

Regarding extracting the data, I'm not too sure about it but if my guess is the update is stored not only on the hard drive as data but also on the nand. What I mean is I know for a fact that there is data which gets extracted to the hard drive but there also appears that there (Not sure if it is a patch of existing files or new files which are) added to the nand.

Maybe somebody with a bit more knowledge could advise cause I would be very interested in the definitive answer as well.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
If you use Multi_builder / XeBuild, it takes the current console config from the source dump and copies it to the destination, so all intro crap is gone (unless it was there to begin with).

As for the Avatar data on the MU, I *think* it's possible to dump the \Content\0000000000000000\<avatar id> from one HDD and put it on the other. For the hassle, it's just a lot easier to put the files over from the official update.

Reactions: cfull1

cfull1

VIP Member
Mar 10, 2011
Texas!!
Oh good call Martin. I forgot how much crap there was setting up kinect. Hopefully all that stuff will get saved too.

If you can save avatar stuff to the MU wouldn't it be saved on the internal hdd anyways?