Problem extracting the drive key from a slim

bostonBC

Jun 23, 2016
So I've used the USB Pro v2 to extract numerous drive keys for use with an xk3y.

This one has me stumped. It is a DG-16D4S drive FW 0271/A0A0.

Jungleflasher gets the key but dies grabbing the key sector. I've tried it dozens of times with different cables and the same result.

I went so far as to take apart my Xbox 360 and re-extract the key and it worked.

Any thoughts on a hard to extract slim?

Can I do anything with just the key?

I tried poking the hex values into the dummy.bin from another Xbox 360 with the same F/W but it does not work. Is there a way to spoof the key into a dummy.bin that will work on an xk3y?

TIA.

Attachments

Joo C

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2011
South Africa
Start by trying to extract the key sector on a different pc - I know, you have proven that your pc is capable of the extraction but I have sat scratching my head as to why it wouldn't work on my pc on the odd occasion too

bostonBC

Jun 23, 2016
Thanks, that was one of the first things I did.

The guy who I'm helping out just let me know he had someone else hack the drive so it could play backup games.

I've never done a drive flash on a slim - only the older phat drives but don't know why that would prevent me from doing the drive key extraction.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
It's entirely possible the guy who done it previously f**ked it up & now it won't parse through JF's stringent key verification routine

bostonBC

Jun 23, 2016
Unfortunately that is probably the case.

If it gets as far as the key extraction is there any way to dummy that up/spoof that key into another dummy.bin with a hex editor?

turny

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2010
#JungleFlasher
Unfortunately that is probably the case.

If it gets as far as the key extraction is there any way to dummy that up/spoof that key into another dummy.bin with a hex editor?
Just make sure the mxic spi is unlocked and use slim unlock and read the fw rather than slimkey extraction.