Problem Reading NAND with J-Runner

SpyMachine

Noob Account
Jun 4, 2013
Hi guys, sorry kind of a noob here, so I hope I'm not doing something really dumb.

I'm trying to do the r-jtag hack with the ultimate kit but I keep getting errors in J-Runner. I get different errors ranging from:

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0xFFFFFFFF
Error: FFF reading block 0
Error: FFF reading block 1
Error: FFF reading block 2
Error: FFF reading block 3
Reading Nand to B:\J-Runner v02 Beta (288) Core Pack.rar\J-Runner v02 Beta (288) Core Pack\output\nanddump1.bin
Can not Continue

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue

On the J-Runner board, there are 2 switches. I've read that the one on the side of the reset button should be to away from the reset button, but I'm not sure about the other one.

I have made sure that the power is plugged in and that I installed the proper drivers. I'm pretty sure my QSBs are installed properly but I will include a picture just in case.

Here's some additional info just in case:

Motherboard: Zephyr
Dash: 2.0.15574.0

Thanks!!

20130604_183805.jpg

20130604_183734.jpg

Last edited:

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
Your nand x qsb doesn't even look soldered. Is it? At least 3 of the points are not making contact

Last edited:

SpyMachine

Noob Account
Jun 4, 2013
no... :facepalm: I thought the contact of the qsb was all I needed. Sorry for the dumb question.

On the qsb v3, should I only solder the points that I need, or all of them?

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
no... :facepalm: I thought the contact of the qsb was all I needed. Sorry for the dumb question.

Solder all of them.

DreamZ

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2009
Essex UK
www.ixtreme.talktalk.net

Oh wow it gets better.

You need to solder the contacts to the qsb. Its designed to save wires everywhere.

Got to admit thats got to be thread of the week