Problem Using RetroArch N64 emulator on SX OS 2.9.1

thegamemeister2989

Sep 19, 2019
Houston, TX
Hi all,

So today I downloaded the newest retroarch emulatror for my sx os and running it as a homebrew app. I copied the Zelda Majoras Mask rom to my sd card, then opened Mupen64 retroarch emulator, and selected the Majoras Mask rom from the load media option, but it immediately went to a black screen saying "Error Code 2168-0001 An error has occured. Please press the power button to restart the console, hold the power button for 12 seconds to turn the console off. If the error persists please contact Nintendo support. (X1) XAW10005280819 {X2} 9.0.1.

Any thoughts on why this is happening is appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: 1timeGuy

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Are you using Full Ram? Also it will need overclocking which SX does not have a proper method to do that yet.

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Yes you need to use full ram for N64 and overclocking.

JustSomeRando

Noob Account
Dec 22, 2019
Guilt Country
Are you using Full Ram? Also it will need overclocking which SX does not have a proper method to do that yet.
Greetings,
I hope you don't mind me digging up an old topic rather than opening a new thread, but I have a similar problem. I used today to clean up my SD card, throw out all the junk, throw out old files I don't need anymore (mostly installers), de-install all the games I don't play anymore etc. Also used the chance to install the most current RetroArch (1.8.3.) as well as PPSSPP (didn't know RetroArch had it in itself because the last version I used didn't).

I get a 2168-0001 or 2168-0002 crash when I load a game in PPSSPP, be it in RetroArch or via PPSSPP itself. It all works right up to where I load the game. I also had the same error happen with N64 games, albeit that migh tbe due to the same error described up above there?
I go through Album, go to the Homebrew tab and open the software in question (RetroArch/PPSSPP). Everything else seems to work fine (loaded games, loaded a port of Doom 64 - no problems) so far. I read multiple threads on this error message. Some said to clean off corrupt data which I shouldn't have. Some said to not go through the album for some reason, which at least in terms of RetroArch seems to make no sense (every other core works fine - from SNES to PS1, just PSP is not).

I'm on SX OS 2.9.3

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Greetings,
I hope you don't mind me digging up an old topic rather than opening a new thread, but I have a similar problem. I used today to clean up my SD card, throw out all the junk, throw out old files I don't need anymore (mostly installers), de-install all the games I don't play anymore etc. Also used the chance to install the most current RetroArch (1.8.3.) as well as PPSSPP (didn't know RetroArch had it in itself because the last version I used didn't).

I get a 2168-0001 or 2168-0002 crash when I load a game in PPSSPP, be it in RetroArch or via PPSSPP itself. It all works right up to where I load the game. I also had the same error happen with N64 games, albeit that migh tbe due to the same error described up above there?
I go through Album, go to the Homebrew tab and open the software in question (RetroArch/PPSSPP). Everything else seems to work fine (loaded games, loaded a port of Doom 64 - no problems) so far. I read multiple threads on this error message. Some said to clean off corrupt data which I shouldn't have. Some said to not go through the album for some reason, which at least in terms of RetroArch seems to make no sense (every other core works fine - from SNES to PS1, just PSP is not).

I'm on SX OS 2.9.3
It would be better to open your own thread going forward even if it seems like the same issue.

Are you launching the hbmenu with full ram access? Both n64 and psp will need that to run though psp will not run all that good. You can do this by holding "R" while launching any game from your home screen until you see the homebrew menu. You can also look into creating nsp forwarders, but that will require a little more work and I do not believe we have a guide here for it.

Reactions: JustSomeRando