HITACHI NON-79 problem with my drive

firer85

Jun 14, 2011
hello im new on this flashing world, and ive been reading a lot, i just bought a ck3 pro and 360usb pro so i can flash my xbox now. i flash without a problem my two liteon Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C, but here comes the problem...

When I did not have the tools to flash my new xbox elite, I gave it to my friend to do the flashing for me, when he was doing the flash he damage the drive, so he put another different kind of drive on my xbox.My xbox has a hitachi 3120 0078, but flasher Jungler recognizes it as a Liteon DG-16D2S 93450C.

First problem, my friend lost all the keys when someone stole his computer, so I dont have my key,how can i get it in this special situation?

Two: how can i update my firmware on this situation, there is any tutorial for this special case, atleast for me is a special case =S :(?

Three: in a future I will have any problem with this driver? if that the case how can i solve it?
Thanks a lot for your help XD

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Ignore what JungleFlasher reports it as. If it's a Hitachi, treat it like one. It will still have Hitachi firmware on it.

As for flashing it, I would advise against spoofing it. Get your friend to buy you a new PCB for the Lite-on drive (or replace the drive itself) and inject your DVD key into it.

firer85

Jun 14, 2011
@ martin c: thanks for your help the problem is when i tried to get the key following all the instruction on the tut, i get a msg telling me there is no hitachi drive on my pc on jungleflasher =S...