programming the 2.6CE -tutorial

SupremeWarlord

Jun 27, 2005
I cant see first 6 pics but thats my computers problem =( Otherwise it is a great post!

da84tona

May 15, 2005
tizz78 said:
O.K. , First , I have had very few problems with xecuter chips . For flashing the 2.6 I have always used the 2.6 programmer . You get a good flash almost every time . To flash the chip it must be enabled , flash protect off and on bank 2 . I haven't messed with 5032 or 5035 much but I have flashed a 2.6 with both without any problems . Maybe you should consider getting the actual Xecuter programmer from system-mods.com . It's only $14 usd . : )
Yes but some of us are not lucky enough to have compatable chipsets that allow us to have a "good flash almost every time". All I ask for is a list or a warning that might notify a potential customer that their chipset might not be compatable.

The motherboard I am having problems with is an ASUS A7N8X-X using the nFORCE2 400 chipset.

tizz78

Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
Unfortunately I am not using the same board as you . I am using the ASUS SK8N with the FX-51 processor . My only suggestion would be to double check the settings for your lpt port and make sure that the " Enable legacy Plug and Play " is checked . Also " Use any interrupt assighned to port " checked . I apologize , I misunderstood the previous problem . I would think that as long as your printer port is functional that the programmer sould work . I have plugged the programmer in then started my pc to get it to detect before but I don't know what all you have tried .

doormanbob

Noob Account
Apr 8, 2004
texas
I bought a programmer when I bought the 2.3 lite chip. The programmer looks the same as the one pictured in an earlier post by episking (page 4). Is this the same programmer as the 2.6?

Also I cannot view any of the pictures in the original post page 1 except for figure 10. The rest are the little white box with the the red x inside. Anyone else have that problem?

tizz78

Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
I have been using the official xecuter programmer for all of mine . I got it from system mods for $14 . I am unsure of the one pictured . I guess I can't really help in that department since I am using a different one . None of the pics show up for me either .

Quarisa

Jul 2, 2005
Do you have to have the programmer to progrm the 2.6 or is there another way??

Quarisa

Jul 2, 2005
I sorry that I have to ask a stupid question but Im really new at this and I need help. My question is that Do you have to have the programmer to progrm the 2.6 or is there another way like putting the chip in then connecting the xbox up to the computer to program it?? The reason Im asking is because I dont have alot of money to buy a programmer.

tizz78

Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
If the chip has already been flashed with any bios other than cromwell then I believe the programmer or something like the Evox disc is your only hope . I have not experimented with such things due to the fact I use the programmer . It is available from system mods for $14 + shipping . As far as the pics go , I am unsure what is wrong . Maybe the administrator can get them back up for us .

Quarisa

Jul 2, 2005
How can you tell If the chip you just bought was already flashed and with what bios?

tizz78

Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
They are usually flashed with a legal Cromwell Flash Bios 3.01 on bank one and Flash Bios 3.03 on bank two . 3.03 is mainly for 1.6 consoles .

JonnyThunder

Dec 14, 2004
Scottieland
I had identical problems to the ones posted here. What I was trying to do (on a 2.6 xecuter) is put 5033 bios in bank 1 (which spans 1 and 2) and the cromwell bios in 3 (which automatically duplicates to 4).

I tried this several times and the flash fails around 53%. Then I faffed with it, and found this to be my solution.....

Open up X2 Programmer. Load the 5033 bios into bank 3 first (which will automatically take bank 4 also) then load your cromwell bios into bank 1 (which will also take bank 2). After doing this and setting the switch to bank1, it worked no problem first time for me.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:

Dreamreaper

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2004
Not on this planet!
Try this... Disable the Windows XP firewall, disable all services not needed, i.e the rest of the crap windows loads yet never needs.
I have a laptop that sees the programmer, sees the chip , starts programming then spits its plug... resoloution, take out the WIFI card, it programs fine, put WIFI back in it falls over...
trial and error peeps, everyones set up is different, look further than the ends of your noses.

hkm

Noob Account
Jul 20, 2004
I'm trying to program a 2.3b lite chip with the 2.6 Flasher/Programmer. I purchased them all thru Systems-Mod. Instead of using the X2bm.exe program, I found a web site that showed me how to re-flash using a cmd prompt in DOS (http://www.xbox-modchips.com/tutorials/x2lite-programmer.htm). It seems to detect my chip and it reads from it but I'm getting an error message that states: "Error at location 00000h!" I'm not sure what this means and how I can fix it. Any suggestions?

fatguy666

Noob Account
Sep 11, 2005
UK
n00b

I bought my xbox (v1.0) with the x2.6 already installed. I also have the programmer but as you can see, the chip is stuck to the side of the case -

I'm not too keen on ripping the poor thing out, will I have to use FlashBIOS to upgrade it?