programming the 2.6CE -tutorial

gordonc

Noob Account
Oct 19, 2004
UK
Had a few issues with 2.3 programmer programming 2.6Ce

first it would not see it, had to change LPT port on machine from Bi-Directional to ECP

switch settings
chip enabled on
flash prot off
Bank 1

then had issues with it failing at around 62% mark

turned off Lan, Virus S/W and ended task on anything that didn't need to be running

Worked fine, thanks to previous info from posters in this thread

sanphire

Noob Account
Nov 25, 2005
Still no pics and the links posted a little while ago won't work either?

Could someone either stick in a description of the port settings XP needs or post another screen shot?

Many thanks!!

Have tried disabling the LPT port in XP and re-booting - seems to keep the blue light on steady until x2bm loads and reads the chip, then blue light goes out and the dreaded xFFFF or x1010 error pops up :( any clues?

broscup

Noob Account
Jun 28, 2005
x2programmer with the x2.6CE

Do I have to have the 2.6 programmer to program a 2.6CE or will the old battery style one work? It is what was sent to me, and it flashes, reads and verifies without error, but chip still will not load.

islander223

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2005
Somewhere in Indian Ocean
Do I have to have the 2.6 programmer to program a 2.6CE or will the old battery style one work? It is what was sent to me, and it flashes, reads and verifies without error, but chip still will not load.
check your chip's switch, that happened to me and no matter how many times I flashed without errors, verified & reads still didn't work and I found out that the switch is defective. Is your xbox v1.6?

broscup

Noob Account
Jun 28, 2005
version 1.0. I just tried hot swapping it and flashing it without luck. No errors, but not working. I have tried making sure the switch was correctly seated. All the lights work, even updated my bios on my 2.3b and works great. Just not on the 2.6 CE.
Thanks See my other post for the full story.

http://teamxecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38288

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
The inline image links (and direct links later reposted on page 6) are dead. These were not hosted on the Team Xecuter site and appear to have since been purged by the 3rd party hosts.

Since there wasn't much text in the directions and it relied heavily on the images maybe it's time to remove this as a sticky. There is still good info contained here, but that first page will just confuse many.

-Whoopin'

swage

Dec 28, 2004
Los Angeles
reposted.

I've been gone for a while, so here are new image links. Hopefully these stay for a while. Let me know if anyone can host these images.

Heres what you need:

1= xecuter 2.6CE
2= external switch
3= external switch cable
4= 2.6 programmer
5= usb cable

NOTE: all of these are supplied when you purchase a 2.6CE & 2.6 programmer.

STEP 1:
Plug programmer (item 4) into parallel port.
STEP 2:
Plug USB cable(item 5) into computer USB port.

You should all three lights ON as shown in figure 1:

FIGURE 1

If you do not, then go into control panel/system/device manager/ports/printer ports/properties and make it look like figure 2:

FIGURE 2

STEP 3: Unplug USB cable.

STEP 4: Plug white end of external switch cable (item 3) into xecuter chip (item 1) Make it look like figure 4.

Figure 3: BAD CABLE INSTALLATION (ABOVE)

Figure 4: Good Cable Installation

STEP 5: Plug black end of external switch cable (item 3) into external switch (item 2). Make it look like figure 6.

Figure 5: BAD CABLE INSTALLATION (above)

Figure 6: GOOD cable installation Note the pins are all in-line with another.

STEP 6: Move switches to as shown in figure 7.

Figure 7

... too many images... another post..

swage

Dec 28, 2004
Los Angeles
Dreamreaper said:
Long time no see mate, Looks like your images ain't propogated yet 23:02.
SNAFU! Another upload:

Heres what you need:

1= xecuter 2.6CE
2= external switch
3= external switch cable
4= 2.6 programmer
5= usb cable

NOTE: all of these are supplied when you purchase a 2.6CE & 2.6 programmer.

STEP 1:
Plug programmer (item 4) into parallel port.
STEP 2:
Plug USB cable(item 5) into computer USB port.

You should all three lights ON as shown in figure 1:

FIGURE 1

If you do not, then go into control panel/system/device manager/ports/printer ports/properties and make it look like figure 2:

FIGURE 2

STEP 3: Unplug USB cable.

STEP 4: Plug white end of external switch cable (item 3) into xecuter chip (item 1) Make it look like figure 4.

Figure 3: BAD CABLE INSTALLATION (ABOVE)

Figure 4: Good Cable Installation

STEP 5: Plug black end of external switch cable (item 3) into external switch (item 2). Make it look like figure 6.

Figure 5: BAD CABLE INSTALLATION (above)

Figure 6: GOOD cable installation Note the pins are all in-line with another.

STEP 6: Move switches to as shown in figure 7.

Figure 7

... too many images... another post..

swage

Dec 28, 2004
Los Angeles
continued...
STEP 7: Plug xecuter 2.6 (item1) into programmer as shown in figure 8.

figure 8

STEP 8: Plug in USB cable into computer usb port. your xecuter should look like figure 9. top two leds are on.

figure 9

STEP 9: Run x2 bios manager. Click the info button, you should see figure 10

Figure 10

STEP 10: Click on the first bank, and open flashbios 3.03. Under "selected bank options" copy and paste the first bank into the second bank.

STEP 11: Click on the third bank, and open x2_5032_v16plus_512k.bin.
x2_5032_v16plus_512k.bin is for xbox 1.6 or 1.6b. Use x2_5032_vOld_512k.bin for all other versions of xbox.

It should look like figure 11.

(please read the "README1ST.TXT" that came with your x2.5032 bios.)

figure 11

STEP 12: Click the flash button.... It should look like figure 12, when flashing

figure 12.

thats it, should be flashed now...