programming the 2.6CE -tutorial

JohnyMons

Noob Account
Dec 28, 2006
Hi, its been a long time since this tutorial was written. Can I flash bins 1 & 2 with flashbios 3.03 and bins 4 & 5 with the more recent x2.5035 bios? Or is there any better/easier ways?

Big_Whoopin

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2004
SE Pennsylvania, USA
It is typically recommended to flash banks 1 and 2 with your mod BIOS of choice (which I would recommend X2 5035) and banks 3 and 4 with FlashBIOS. Remember to use the mod BIOS and FlashBIOS that are compatible with your box, 1.6 and 1.6b boxes have different needs than 1.0-1.5 boxes.

It is recommended to have the mod BIOS at the front of the chip since FlashBIOS always starts writing from the beginning of the chip. So if you later use FlashBIOS to put a new 512KB BIOS on your chip and something is wrong (ex., a 1.6 flavor BIOS on a 1.0 Xbox) it doesn't overwrite FlashBIOS. You can still flash over that first 512KB to correct your error.

-Whoopin'

gt0taku

Noob Account
Feb 27, 2009
Imperial Beach
Re: programming the 2.6CE with the 2.6 Programmer - tutorial

i can't see the pictures, does anyone know of a link that has the pics, thanks.

PrototypeFC3S

Noob Account
Oct 18, 2010
Re: programming the 2.6CE with the 2.6 Programmer - tutorial

i can't see the pictures, does anyone know of a link that has the pics, thanks.
I too would also like for the pictures to be re-linked into the thread. Need some visuals guys.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
The pics were hosted by someone else.

TBH it's a doddle to do - the 2.6CE programmer had the same amount of pins as the 2.6CE. Connect up and follow the text in the tutorial.

pabble

Noob Account
Jul 18, 2010
I have a crystal xbox 1 and am looking for someone to supply and fit the 2.6ce chip, im in the uk so please if anyone can sort it i would be very happy :)

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I have a crystal xbox 1 and am looking for someone to supply and fit the 2.6ce chip, im in the uk so please if anyone can sort it i would be very happy :)
You'd be very lucky to find anyone who still has a 2.6!

Support Our Sponsors