Q&A On X360USB PRO

dragontm

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2009
kent uk
First post so hello

Few questions: I have an xbox phat with a liteon (no idea which version). I've decided to be brave and attempt my first flash. My problem is I have previously posted my xbox away approx 4 times to get it done but apparently the place was raided by Trading Standards and no longer offering the service and what's worse I can't get my drive key from them? Therefore:
1) is it possible to flash my xbox without original drive key?
Yes you will require probe 3 if its a liteon.
2) if so I will be using my laptop. As far as I know I will need X360USB PRO + CK3 LITE + PROBE 3 but if using laptop (all I have), CK3 Pro will provide the power I need correct? And that's all I need?
Yes but you will be required to buy an external molex power source to power the ck3
3) lastly I have not updated dash and still on lt plus I think on a liteon drive, do I update dash then start attempting to flash? And does it matter not knowing what liteon version it is guys?
You must read your key and flash your drive back to stock before you update. jungleflasher will show you what drive you have.
I am excited but at same time very nervous about this, I'm in my 40s so not too good at stuff like this but I'm determined to do it on my own with a little help from you experts.

I really appreciate your help and patience with me

Many thanks :)

Please see my comments in blue

Mamba25

Sep 15, 2011
Thanks for speedy response guys.

So ck3 pro doesn't have it's own power supply? If not are molex power supplies easy to connect? Bad enough at thought of opening up the 360 but molex power doesn't need the laptop being opened up does it?

It's going to be quite expensive getting all the kit needed isn't it guys?

jdj143

Apr 30, 2011
USA
All you have to do with a external molex supply is plug it into a wall outlet and into the ck3, no opening of anything.

Mamba25

Sep 15, 2011
Ok cheers, just need to find cheap supplier of all the kit and brush up on step by step tutorials :)

Jagan

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Aaah many thanks my friend :) you recommend CK lite over pro then? Also is it easy flashing to 'stock'?
Flashing to stock is just as easy as flashing to a CFW. :)

And CK3 Pro isn't needed anymore, since the only difference is the USB Port, which is used for the old way of dumping liteon drives, not the new way...

CK3 Lite will be enough for you, :p

Mamba25

Sep 15, 2011
Ok thanks for prompt replies you are very helpful. I've found stock firmware but is there an easy way to find out what liteon drive it is so I install correct firmware?

Jagan

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Ok thanks for prompt replies you are very helpful. I've found stock firmware but is there an easy way to find out what liteon drive it is so I install correct firmware?
All Lite-on drives are now considered "02510C", and all have the same firmware, but that is only if you have dashboard version 2.0.13146.0 or higher.

If you do not have that high of a dashboard version, then when you open the xbox, it will be written on the drive itself, and will be shown in JungleFlasher...

This is a picture of the sticker on the drive:

The drive version will be written in the red...

Last edited:

Mamba25

Sep 15, 2011
God Jagan you are like the guru of all 360 knowledge! ;) safe to say I will be in touch again mate, probably when I'm stuck on dismantling the xbox lol