Q&A On X360USB PRO

Mamba25

Sep 15, 2011
Ok guys it's the 40 something bloke here again who you all helped so much before.

Good news = I bought all the kit you recommended, set it all up, even managed to take apart the 360, opened up drive, found it to be a Liteon DG-16D2s-09C, HW: AOA2; FW: 83850C. I even managed to use the Probe and got my DVD key which I saved!

Bad News = Once I got the DVD Key and saved it all, Jungleflasher asked me if I wanted to autoload the lt1.1 file which I thought I had put in the 'firmware' folder of Jungleflasher (atually put all the Liteon firmwares there 'pre' and 'post') but Jungleflasher stated: cannot find file. Stupidly, I then closed Jungleflasher, reopened it, attempted a 'Liteon' erase and it failed and now my PC and Jungleflasher won't recognise the Liteon drive.

What do I do guys? I have my DVD key saved, been searching extensively through forums and came across PC finding Liteon drives through 'DOS flash' but after reading have zero idea how to do that.

I'm so sorry I bother you, is there anything that can be done?

Many thanks
:smile:

bigalorr

Nov 9, 2010
Hi i hope someone has an answer for this: Just used my usbpro for first time,i have the team jungle special edition which states on it v5,has the latest firmware on it,have latest drivers.XBOX is liteon phat has latest dash so i was going straight to LT+2.0.Now the only way i could get flash to work was to power cycle with my ck3 Pro but i thought that the usbpro power cycled for you or is this only for v2 usbpro,if this is the case then what was the point in buying usbpro? Am i missing something:facepalm:

kadijono

Jan 15, 2010
spain
you dont buy the usbpro for power cycle, its for getting rid off the problems with sata plus its easy to use. the slims without a usbpro is not possible to get the key.

so thats the point of buying it and yes you did miss something....... reading !!!

bigalorr

Nov 9, 2010
Well i did read "Liteon DG-16D2S 02510C (LT+ 2.0) - Step-By-Step Guide (DUMMY.BIN for DVD Key)" posted by Ubergeek which clearly states at step 7 the power cycle is fully automatic,so my question was is it only a certain version but thanks for your smart arse reply

DigitalGhost

VIP Member
Oct 17, 2011
Without word of a lie, this device is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. You can't describe how much easier the whole process becomes when you use this instead of a native sata card.

n0syst3m

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2011
North East ;)
Without word of a lie, this device is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. You can't describe how much easier the whole process becomes when you use this instead of a native sata card.
Deffo the best tx product EVER!

I do have loads of Tx products, i'm kinda a collector :)

Anyways i only wish other ppl would make a switch from sata card to usb360, then they can see how much better than sata it actually is

Usb360pro is the S**t :biggrin:

petlar

Sep 2, 2011
uk
Well i did read "Liteon DG-16D2S 02510C (LT+ 2.0) - Step-By-Step Guide (DUMMY.BIN for DVD Key)" posted by Ubergeek which clearly states at step 7 the power cycle is fully automatic,so my question was is it only a certain version but thanks for your smart arse reply
if you want automatic you need ck3i :smile:

indijoness

Noob Account
Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, ON
I wanted to clarify one thing. To retrieve the key from LiteON 16D4S DVD (F/W 9504) for my XBOX 360 Slim and to hack it, I need to have X360USB PRO and CK3 Lite. No need to buy CK3 Probe or any other hardwares. Is that correct?

Lorax

VIP Member
Sep 25, 2011
West Wales, UK
I've done some searching on here for you and it depends what dash you're on, if you're on 13599 dash then no as the 13599 will lock your drive, you will need to find out if it is MXIC (sputnik hack) or Winbond (Replacement PCB) and you don't need the probe for the 16D4S only for the 16D2S etc.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me :D

Hope that helps :)

piromaniac

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Molex tower

indijoness

Noob Account
Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, ON
Here's the spec of my xbox 360 slim :

Dashboard: 2.0.12625.0
DVD Drive: Lite-on
F/W: 9504
Date: May 2010

My questions regarding flashing are:

1) Which version of dashboard do I need to update it to? 13146 which updates to 0272 but keeps the drive unlocked? 13599 which locks the drive? The latest from XBOX website?

2) I need to have X360 USB PRO in addition to CK3 Lite/Pro/i. right?

3) Do I need ck3 probe?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jagan

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Here's the spec of my xbox 360 slim :

Dashboard: 2.0.12625.0
DVD Drive: Lite-on
F/W: 9504
Date: May 2010

My questions regarding flashing are:

1) Which version of dashboard do I need to update it to? 13146 which updates to 0272 but keeps the drive unlocked? 13599 which locks the drive? The latest from XBOX website?

2) I need to have X360 USB PRO in addition to CK3 Lite/Pro/i. right?

3) Do I need ck3 probe?

Thanks!
Just because the drive says 9504 on the sticker does not mean it is a 9504. I have a 0225 with a 9504 sticker on it, you can't be sure until you plug it in.

1) you do not need to update to any dashboard to flash your drive, but some games may make you update through the disc, which would make your drive locked. It would be best to install Sputnik if you have a MXIC board, or a TX PCB so there is no fear of the drive locking.

2) You will need the X360 USB PRO, and the CK3i. The CK3 Lite/Pro are no longer in production.

3) No, you should not need the CK3 Probe. It is used for extracting the key from Phat Liteon drives.

Denxerw

Jun 20, 2011
Does the x360usb pro gonna support the newest liteon 1157 and the other slim hitachi drive that until now doesn't supported?

And is there at the future any chance to make the flash of slim liteon drives without the hole on the chipset or the cu traces but simply as we flash all the phat drives.

Jagan

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Does the x360usb pro gonna support the newest liteon 1157 and the other slim hitachi drive that until now doesn't supported?

And is there at the future any chance to make the flash of slim liteon drives without the hole on the chipset or the cu traces but simply as we flash all the phat drives.
No information on that yet, we will have to wait until C4Eva does work on those drives.

And no, not as of yet.