Qsb Removal

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
I would love if someone uploaded a video of them desoldering a qsb....
View attachment 15540
I wouldnt have had to hack this off smh :facepalm:
Pay no attention to the puddle of flux :facepalm:

Last edited:

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
Thats what I thought until I tried however I dont think I used flux to desolder. I seen some people say tape and all kinds of stuff. So if u have a video feel free to upload thanks

n0syst3m

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2011
North East ;)
desolder pump, fluxed braid, and alot of patience

but saying that you should just leave it be.

I'll try and make a vid soon if i can find a scrap board :)

Reactions: akawtu

wizpanda

VIP Member
Aug 20, 2010
Trinidad
there is a better way to remove it but it really isnt worth the extra time...if you want to remove and re use its best u make a sd reader, that way you have leads to solder on and remove with much less chance of ripping off pads...which is what i do now (home made reader).

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Low melt solder. Here's a video removing a NAND chip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E47UJa2W14o

My tripod is broken and started to shift when I switched the vacuum pen on but you get the idea.
You use way to much, and i do the same but only need a 2.5mm wide tip and leadfree solder. So its not bout the low melt solder at all :)

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
@Wizpanda Well i dont want to reuse them i just wanted to take it off to repair that trace and couldnt get it off to save my life.

@Keil423 i would think hot air would destroy the qsb (not that i needed it)

but anyways thanks for the replies. Only been dealing with xbox 360 since February 2013 and this site has helped me come a long way. Another month i might even update my noob status :eek: