XGD3 question about bad burns online

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
so i was wonderig ive ben trying to burn black ops 2 since it came out the other day ive tried 7 times and all bad kprobe results.most of them dont even work offline and i wont even dare go online with them.so to get to the point if i install the original disk can i use a bad kprobe result but still workable disk for online or does this not make a difference and still ban me... thanks for your time in advance

Dixed

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland UK
what kind of discs are you using?. Black Ops 2 is around 8.7GB so a cheap brand dual layer will not suffice. I personally use Verbatim DL 8.5GB with an ATAPI ihas b drive that has the burner max firmware on it. Excellent burn every disc.

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
i absolutely use the best!Verb -003's with an ihas b ive been haveing this bad feeling the disks i got weren't from Singapore i got em off amazon im waitin on xconsols for my next spindle or its my settings i use FHT on OHT off OS off SB on OPC off

dilly1066

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
yorkshire
hiya, you need to try different settings mate, have you got any good burns with these settings ? if not then you will need to tinker with the settings im affraid mate,

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
yea i had a bunch of good ones its the most consistent one ive used.ive tried it with OHT on .with every thing on with only OHT then then OPC on ...etc...any sugestions

dilly1066

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
yorkshire
hiya, if you have been getting good burns before this i wouldnt tinker with settings then, it can only be a bad rip then or a bad batch of discs, or maybe even burner, try a game you know has had good burns before if you can, that will rule out bad burner, then if all good there re rip game and try new discs when you get them,

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
try clear OPC for the first burn and use settings FHT=on OHT=off OS=off SB=off OPC=on burn at 4x

that works good for me

Last edited:

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
cool ill re rip just to make sure and ill have to wait for 2 more days for my disks to get to me.ill also try re burning old ones and i forgot to mention i clear OPC after every burn

DREDBOX

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2011
YORKSHIRE
Hi

I had a similar problem and it was the rips which were causing the problems. Try ripping at 5 speed rather than 12 which can produce a cleaner rip in my opinion.

My own results are much better now that i rip at a slower speed.

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
so sorry to come back at this kind of late but just to be complete after much tweaking it seamed like OPC on HT on and SB off it seems to be causing erratic burns and i brought up the buffer size (it dosent seem to hurt)Most importantly the disks i were using an first because they instantly started getting much better but not good enough so i think the lesson here is dont buy disks from amazon they where confusing the hell out of me thinking i had a bad burner after i bought one a few weeks before they went to 70$

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
I have bought my last 2 packs from Amazon and might have 1 bad burn in every 10..if that
That said i dont burn that many and i dont use them online either
Also dont bother with kprobe but test in a flashed rgh console

Last edited:

mattjk88

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2010
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
The quality varies in different MKM003 batches, I have tried both printable and non printable, both burn within acceptable levels but non printable from Singapore (generally from ebay) have been the best for me.

john_papa_john

Aug 8, 2012
boston
so i kno im bringing back an old post but i wanted to share how i got all my backups online 1 shot every time! So i tried everything with very erratic results but i dont kno how many people this applies to but i didnt kno i had windows 7 32 bit installed and i didnt realize i could install the 64 bit and every burn is flawless ...All my settings where the same .And for the reccord i do have an IHAS-B