Question about Dongle/OS

parodius420

Noob Account
Jun 5, 2020
United States
So I received my dongle, I know how to do everything, but I have a question. If I remove the dongle, does my switch go back to normal to play online etc? Not really sure how to explain what I am wanting to ask lol.

I have my switch, factory now.

I used dongle, play games etc off card from my "legal backups"

If I remove dongle, is it back to a factory switch now, or does using the dongle make it a perm change?

parodius420

Noob Account
Jun 5, 2020
United States
Okie thanks. I wasn't sure because it said it injects code or something, so I was not sure if it made a permenant change to the system or what. So I will just be able to take it out, play online just fine w/o worrying about ban right?

safcalibur

May 1, 2020
Cambs
If you install cfw it leaves traces on your switch, which if you go online are detectable by Nintendo which can then lead to a ban. If you create an emunand this, in theory should keep your cfw and ofw separate, you can then in theory boot into your ofw to play online and keep cfw to play back ups.

If youve already run cfw on your switch you have traces of that now and apparently even a factory reset wont eliminate this. You should first make a clean sysnand back up then set up 90 dns on your wifi settings, turn on airplane mode and then go about setting up an emunand.

If you put cfw onto your sysnand then I'm afraid simply rebooting into ofw will risk a ban.

slamride

Nov 28, 2018
Running and setting up Emunand requires running alternate code so even if used still will set flags that can be found my NIN. Accept the risk that CFW could lead to a ban before any use. Other than online play ,which has alternative options, a ban causes no issues. All updates and DLC can be done offline.

parodius420

Noob Account
Jun 5, 2020
United States
Okie thanks, final question lol. I have a ton of little Indy games I have bought, like a buck here, 9 cents there etc, those are all downloaded onto my system now so I can play. Will those pop up for me to play on the cfw boot?

NexNus

Feb 18, 2019
hell
Okie thanks, final question lol. I have a ton of little Indy games I have bought, like a buck here, 9 cents there etc, those are all downloaded onto my system now so I can play. Will those pop up for me to play on the cfw boot?
CFW won't remove any installed titles or anything, CFW runs on top of NAND (system boot), CFW alone won't make anything look different, only when you create and use Emunand, there will be games that are not installed on Emunand.