Question about powering the drive with xbox.

Yakandu

Jan 28, 2011
Spain
Hi. For a year i have been using the xbox to power the drive when flashing, and i tyed online and didnt get banned.

My question is: better i buy the ck3lite to prevent future logs while flashing, or i can be sure that im flagged?

I think that the fact of using xbox as power is not enough to ban but... im not an expert.. i have not spoofed drive, no problems installing dash, i use my original AC:B....

what do you think?

Thanks ^^

poisins

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alūksne, Latvia
Better buy CK3 Lite. I own one Lite version (bought with Probe 1). For now, its better to use Lite not Pro becouse we have Probe 3 witch eliminate need for USB on Pro version or Serial port on Lite. Its cheaper too.

I have read that some noobs have bricked drives by powering from xbox (when it accidently shut down).

Sent from my GW620 (OpenEve 2.3.4) using Tapatalk

Yakandu

Jan 28, 2011
Spain
but, as far as i know i only need the ck3 lite to power it, not the probe. (i dont know the use of probe 3, im going to search info right now) xDD

Edit1: "I think I already told you about powering through the box on another thread??"

yes? i dont remember it, 5 minutes ago i tryed to post this on another tread but it said me that the tread was closed so i opened a new one. Sorry if is a repost.

Edit2: ok, probe is for liteons, i dont need it so i will buy the ck3lite only (http://www.ck3.co.uk/xecuter-ck3-lite.html) cheaper than i spected ^^

Last edited:

kaotik

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2010
UK Blackpool
kaotik.dyndns.biz
Like the others have said its best to use the CK3 Lite to power the drive. But if you already been using the xbox for a year then i dont think its going to make a difference. If you do get a flag then you would have been flagged.

Yakandu

Jan 28, 2011
Spain
that is what i was asking XDD.. thanks

well, i already ordered the ck3lite.

2 months ago i get online and nothing happened so, maybe goo luck or maybe, as i said, maybe the fact of using xbox as power is not enough for a ban, we will enver know if a ban is only for one thing or Ms need more than one proof.

if i get online one more time i'll say you what happens.

piromaniac

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Molex tower
I think diaboliq means probably a few weeks ago if not months, that name just rings a bell to me and I was thinking exactly what diaboliq was, it has been suggested never to power it via Xbox just gor safety.

I would advise to buy a ck3 pro or lite depends on your circumstances and needs, btw the probe 3 is to probe your drive for your key especially used after the latest fash update.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

well, i already ordered the ck3lite.

If that's the case what was the point in even starting this thread where I'm certain you have asked before.

cab0747

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh
When I first started flashing drives, I used my console as the power source. The one I used is till working on live and is not banned.

I have been using an extra console (missing the DVD drive and key) to power drives after I did my first one. It seems MS has been a bit picky about the drive being in the console as of late. I wouldnt risk it.

When I first started flashing drives, I used my console as the power source. The one I used is till working on live and is not banned.

I have been using an extra console (missing the DVD drive and key) to power drives after I did my first one. It seems MS has been a bit picky about the drive being in the console as of late. I wouldnt risk it.
Thanks for supporting the team... dont know about you but convenience is DEFINITELY worth my $20....

:facepalm:

Yakandu

Jan 28, 2011
Spain
well, i have my ck3 lite.. it works fine ^^
I will report if i get banned but i have the feeling that Ms is preparing something big to f**ck us all xD

Last edited:

sc0use28

Noob Account
Sep 6, 2011
iv always used a xbox to power the drive as i have one that i lost a drive key for (dont ask lol)

Yakandu

Jan 28, 2011
Spain
Hmm, i updated from 1,9 to 1,91 and i see that i have a new value
K:00:00:00:01.00.00.0000.00:

i didnt seen this before, do you?

Edit: oh, ok, i readed that is a normal value in the new dash

Edit2: a question... if a xbox gets banned, jtagging the xbox would be a great option? i dont know if im explaining myself... (i dont understand at all what is jtagging, i only know that you can put a custom dash and play games from the usb)

Last edited: