LITEON 93450 Question about saved FW size?

drummerboy13

Noob Account
Aug 9, 2006
greeneville, tn
Hi,

When I received my flashed 360 a year ago, I was provided with the original dumped dvd key in case I need to revert to it BUT it's too big? ... It's 1.68mb... Is there anyway I can shrink it and use it so I don't have to way for the coolrunner exploit? Anyone please help...

Thanks, Robert

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
you are making no sense. a drive key wouldn't be used in any way with a coolrunner and you seem to mistaking the CPU key which would be retrieved with the coolrunner. what you have there is for re flashing your 360's dvd drive, coolrunner has nothing to do with that mate. the file size is also correct for drive firmware and you appear to be thinking it should be a 16mb nand dump.

Feb 28, 2011
united kingdom
That file size is incorrect for firmware size for his drive as it should be 256kb not 1.68mb is it possible that you have been provided with a .zip or .rar file that contains your firmware inside ? The coolrunner would only be needed to be used if you cant extract the key from your drive.

Last edited:

drummerboy13

Noob Account
Aug 9, 2006
greeneville, tn
Sorry for the confusion, I only meant using the coolrunner if I had to retrieve my dvd key again from drive, if it's lost. The size of the vlc. f/w file is 1.68mb not 256kb which is odd?..

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
you don't need coolrunner to extract the key from the drive.........just the usual methods....
if the drive has been completely erased and you don't have the key, then u will need coolrunner to retrieve the key

drummerboy13

Noob Account
Aug 9, 2006
greeneville, tn
Thanks for help you guys, but got another question, can I extract the DVD key from a new liteon 93450c drive if bought one to replace this one? Would it work?... sorry if this has been answered on another thread.