Question about using wired controller

vincentw56

Nov 5, 2004
United States
I read through the manual and post in this board, but didn't see an answer to my question.

The question I have is about the wired controller. I know it says you have to have it plugged in to program etc. What I am wondering is do I have to plug it into the XFRAG every time I start my Xbox? Or is it a one time deal until I want to change the programming?

Thanks!
Vincent

D

Drewssap

yes i have to plug it in each time i want tu use the xfrag, so an original wired controller is a must have, programming is not necessary anymore after one time, just to start up the xbox you need it.

asakayosapro

Noob Account
Sep 5, 2011
I would like to ask a more specific question..

Will the XFRAG360 work with a wireless + USB wire configuration?

I have this USB wire that plugs into the wireless controller. It powers the controller without the battery, and also powers through the XRFAG360, but nothing happens (on the xfrag)

Is this USB cord merely a 5V power connection to power the wireless function of the controller, or is it USB+data? And if it were the latter, would it work with the XFRAG?

vincentw56

Nov 5, 2004
United States
Actually, this was answered somewhere before, but I can't find it.

Anyway, no, you cannot use the USB charge kit. That is nothing more than a charger. I have one and can confirm it doesn't turn a wireless controller into a wired controller.

Also, it looks like you need an official wired controller. I tried a knock-off and it wouldn't work. I used an official one and it worked fine.