Questions about DVD+R DL media.

Soc27cer

Dec 17, 2010
N.A.
I am curious about the brand of disks that have been successful at backing up XGD3 games. so far i have used memorex and they seem to do the job just fine, but are there any cheaper alternatives that people have found to be successful at overburning as well? let me know what disc brands have worked so far.

Soc27cer

Dec 17, 2010
N.A.
as always, verbatim
arent there different verbatim disks, though. some that work better than others?

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

do TDK work good with overburning the XGD3?

bigO73

VIP Member
Sep 23, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
Use the tdk's most of the time with no coasters. Usually can find them on buy.com or newegg for around 30 bucks. I've had no problems with xgd3. Trust me give them a try. I started with memorex years ago and switched to tdk or verbatim when i can afford them. In my opinion memorex are the worse.

X

XxPOYSONxX

iv tried TDK, verbatim, memorex and various 'cheapy' brands and have only ever had trouble with one memorex. verbatim is defiantly the best but it depends on how much your willing to spend. cheaper= riskier most of the time/more likely to make you some nice coasters :)

hotkayz

Oct 4, 2011
Verbatim because their more likely to work after you burn and will last longer than other brands. Verbatim Made in Singapore that is., not India.

pablosns11

Aug 4, 2010
Berkshires
i prefer verbatin since i can burn at 8x with no problem. never had a coster at full speed or one at all. I did try my luck with memorex if i got above 2.4x i run into issues. if i stick with 2.4x i never had an issue

AuXBoX

Jan 14, 2011
I've tried Verbatim and had some drives that have troubles with them.
I only use DVRite Dual Layer DVD+R Disk, never had one disk that has failed me.
They are less than $1 a disk

tonyg243

Nov 3, 2010
Scotland
Most users would agree that verbs(Singapore) are the best disc out there.It also depends on the quality and ability of your burner to burn lesser quality of discs.I have two pioneers 107D and 118L.I have used Elite M discs,which are Ricohs, for quite a while.The 118L has never had a problem, but strangely enough the 107D has a problem with different batches of the same Ricoh discs with the same identity info on the disc.I have used the 118L with these discs to burn XGD3 titles,with no problems. Still as I said at the start verbs would get my vote everytime if I could afford them.;)

petlar

Sep 2, 2011
uk
Most users would agree that verbs(Singapore) are the best disc out there.It also depends on the quality and ability of your burner to burn lesser quality of discs.I have two pioneers 107D and 118L.I have used Elite M discs,which are Ricohs, for quite a while.The 118L has never had a problem, but strangely enough the 107D has a problem with different batches of the same Ricoh discs with the same identity info on the disc.I have used the 118L with these discs to burn XGD3 titles,with no problems. Still as I said at the start verbs would get my vote everytime if I could afford them.;)
yep good quality discs and a good burn puts less strain on lazer all so.

Bargin and work fine if you need cheap 28 pence a disc

ebay item no.150574641211

Last edited by a moderator:

knowlzy10

BANNED
Sep 11, 2010
workington, cumbria, england
well basically them disks are sh*t m8 and i no from past experience u buy cheap you get sh*t quality, out of 25 of them disks i once purchased 6 actually burned the rest failed, now ill only use decent media:p

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

and ps a quote from forum rules

You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.:facepalm: