R-JTAG on zephyr 2nd machine still no success

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU
1/july - POST updated below #6 - with RATER screenshot and a short video.

Crappy zephyr CB4569, that also does not boot
(my 2nd zephyr so far trying R-JTAG still does not work unfortunately)

JR log:
--------------------------
J-Runner v0.2 Beta (289) Started

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Version: 03
Flash Config: 0x01198010
CB Version: 4569
Zephyr
Reading Nand to c:\console\jrunner\output\nanddump1.bin
Reading Nand
Done!
in 2:10 min:sec

Comparing...
Nands are the same
Patching Jasper version 2.3 SMC at offset 0x12BA
XeLL file created Successfully zephyr_hack_aud_clamp.bin
Version: 03
Flash Config: 0x01198010
Writing Nand
zephyr_hack_aud_clamp.bin
Done!
in 0:10 min:sec
---------------------------

Console Type:Zephyr
NAND size: 16
Dashboard version: e.g 2.0.16203 ) (updated from 15574 before attempting RJTAG)
CB version: e.g 4569
Was the console working before you started: Y (and still works)
---------------------------

This is the 2nd zephyr that I have no success with. I do not yet have a JRPV2 to post logs, but already ordered an ultimate kit and when it gets to me (if the machine is still with me) I'll post it. I know it's crucial but I imagine my problem is the same as with all the others, A0 - panic, whatever.

What you'll see on the images is the regular JTAG diodes and wiring using an alternative point on top of the board next to HANA for Q2N1 (I do not want to solder on the bottom and my QSB got a bit damaged from the last zephyr that also did not work with it).

I have spent more time with this crappy zephyr now than with the last one. Only tried with AUD_CLAMP and regular cpu rst wiring (no alt cpu_rst so far, I got really bored with this crappy console now).

It booted maybe 3 times, always with RROD, and 0010 secondary error code. Stock still boots fine though.

What I've tried so far:
- AUD_CLAMP, def. cpu_rst, all voltages (1.2, default, 1.8), 470 ohm, dips 7 off, 8 on, 1-6 one-by-one)
- AUD_CLAMP, def. cpu_rst, all voltages (1.2, default, 1.8), 330 ohm, dips 7 off, 8 on, 1-6 one-by-one)
- AUD_CLAMP, def. cpu_rst, all voltages (1.2, default, 1.8), 0 ohm, dips 7 off, 8 on, 1-6 one-by-one)

I have yet to tackle alt cpu_rst and of course std. jtag wiring (no aud_clamp) but I have no high hopes based on the last zephyr that I've already tried it with. This is really mundane. Are these zephyrs all so crappy?

I have now wired the QSB JTAG module, thinking it would made any difference, but no (no pics of that yet).
Also KIOSK wire is not soldered since I do not yet have the JRPv2 -- I only have the JRP v1 now (v2 is on the way).

If any of you who have worked on this can suggest something else to try until I got my JRPV2 I'd be very happy.

images attached.

Last edited:

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU
I am testing it today and tomorrow still (trying what's been left out so far) and if it still does not boot and the owner agrees I'll PM you to ask about shipping.

pengekcs

BANNED
Mar 1, 2010
EU
Some updates:

Rater log end (code F0) - when the xbox finishes retrying to boot it ends with this, RROD, 0010 secondary code. Seetings when it reaches F0 is 1.2v, 470ohm, aud_clamp, normal cpu_rst on bottom part of board, dip 3,8
View attachment 18296

and when it retries it usually restarts at A0.

Also the green led sometimes does not flash like with jaspers for instance, sometimes it does this (video on yt)

[video=youtube;4l0y8Z5d95s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l0y8Z5d95s[/video]

Last edited: