R-JTAG R-Jtag suddenly stopped powering on

orgino

Jun 9, 2013
Trondheim, Norway
Hi,

I got a Jasper R-Jtag with a deamon installed. I was playing around with Halo 3 modding with Assembly when I accidentally crashed the game with some changes. The console would not power down so I took out the power and tried restarting it. Now my xbox won't power on, the deamon has power but there is no response when I press the power button.

Anyone have any idea how I should go about fixing this? I would really appreciate some advice

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
So it doesnt boot on the demon nand, or the stock nand or both? if it boots stock, but not on the demon, then it might be a nand issue. Have you tried turning on with the controller? it could be a blown mosfet also, but that is doubtful, considering the console was working until you crashed the game.

orgino

Jun 9, 2013
Trondheim, Norway
The power brick has a orange light.
I can change between the stock and hacked Nand but it still won't boot.
Have also tried with a controler but get the same response. Also the lightring does not light up when I try to power it on.
Edit: There is also no response when I press the eject button to try and boot Xell

Last edited:

jligg

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2011
Cincinnati Ohio
This is where I would build a fresh stock nand and flash the console, them remove everything and try to boot. That way I would know if the console is damaged in any way. Technically the demon doesn't need removEd but I've seen a few consoles where it worked at one point then stopped, after removal booted right up. Gotta really know what your doing though to remove one or you could cause more harm then good

orgino

Jun 9, 2013
Trondheim, Norway
Actually managed to get it to boot today. It just randomly startet glitching the system and then it booted, though the ring of light did not work. The console worked fine and I could do everything on it, but when I turned it off it refused to boot again.
Not sure what got the console booting, I think it started due to a controller continuasly trying to connect to the xbox. Have not been able to replicate this scenario though.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Might need a new ROL board, I would try using a usb controller, and see if it boots with that. Using assembly to poke at random memory addresses for a game can actually interfere with system memory space if you arent careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulN.