R-JTAG won't book (Template used)

z0oinks

Jul 12, 2013
Wow I just realized I misspelled boot as book in the title. Please forgive me, as I'm clearly not in the best state of mind right now.

Products Used:
I'm not sure. I know there's a DemoN in there, but I got it done for me by someone on RMS
Console Type: Jasper
NAND Size: 16
Dashboard:
CB Version:
NAND from J-Runner: No idea how to get this
J-Runner log: Same thing
Picture of motherboard:Can't remove CD drive to get to MB

So today I decided I wanted to play some Halo, so I booted up my 360, only to find that it wouldn't boot. Figuring it was just a fluke try, I turned it off and tried again, still nothing. I've been trying to get it to work for about four hours now.
Taking it apart, I noticed that there was a blinking green light on one of the TX products. This would either: blink 3 to 4 times and boot (rarely), not blink at all, or blink around 5 times and give me error 0022 (3 red rings). For the record, these blinks were fairly long in duration, I would say around one second each.

I found a post on RealModScene about consoles not booting up after an accidental update, so I decided to follow what it said in vain hope it would work. I got my xbox to boot up, loaded XeXmenu and XellLaunch on it, then got my IP and entered the Xell Web Interface. When I got my CPU Key and NAND (which I saved from the person who R-JTAG'd my xbox), I loaded everything into xeBuild GUI and made a new image. Putting that on a USB and loading up Xell, it flashed the new image and it said everything was good.

Now, it won't turn on at all. The green light will flash 4-5 times for around 1/3 of a second, then spit out an 0022 error. If it doesn't give me 0022, it'll just keep blinking and won't boot.

What can I do??

Oh, and throughout this whole thing, turning off the DemoN and loading stock works flawlessly

Last edited:

chase

VIP Member
Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
first where are the install pics ?

second, where are your build logs .. oh yeah.. you didn't use j-runner :facepalm:

did you make sure your LDV value is correct as you used an old nand dump to builb your image and the LDV value has changed since the update ?

z0oinks

Jul 12, 2013
As I said in the OP, I can't move the dvd drive to get to the motherboard, but here's a picture of the component with the green light

and sorry about not doing, what I'm assuming, are really important things. I'm pretty new to all of this.
Is there any way I could get that info even without my console being able to boot up with the hacked nand?

Last edited:

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
As I said in the OP, I can't the dvd drive to get to the motherboard, but here's a picture of the component with the green light

and sorry about not doing, what I'm assuming, are really important things. I'm pretty new to all of this.
Is there any way I could get that info even without my console being able to boot up with the hacked nand?
It sounds like a timing issue. have added or taken something off the console (i.e HDD ) ? Its a rjtag so it will probably need tweaking. On the chip there is a row of switches. 7&8 should be on (dont touch), and probably switch 5. but it could be either 4 or 6. Unplug console, and whichever the switch is on (4,5 or 6) switch off, and try the switch either side (one at a time). Dont forget to attach hard drive before booting. If your unsure look here (near the end when he's tweaking glitch):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXcT2caDMNk

its approx 18mins 24 secs in

Dale:)

P.S sorry it was assuming it was a jasper board for switches 7&8. You will have to look here for timing switch setup for YOUR console:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/135779-Xecuter-R-JTAG-Installation-Setup-Guide-***-UPDATED-JULY-26th-2013-***

sorry for that:rolleyes2:

Last edited:

z0oinks

Jul 12, 2013
Does the hard drive have to be in? yesterday it would only boot (when it did eventually boot) if the hard drive was out

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Does the hard drive have to be in? yesterday it would only boot (when it did eventually boot) if the hard drive was out
yes it has, you have to have everything connected to replicate optimal setting. thats why i said, connect everything and try different timing switches. Then you'll know, when everything is put back together, it will glitch at its optimum

z0oinks

Jul 12, 2013
Alright, ill that as soon as I get home today :) and I do have a jasper, so what you recommended should work for me

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Alright, ill that as soon as I get home today :) and I do have a jasper, so what you recommended should work for me
yep, apart from 7&8 on, only one other switch on at one time, try whatever the alternate switch that is on (maybe 5) so try 4, then 6, then 3 etc dont forget to switch off and unplug from console each time and dont forget to attach hard drive.

Dale;)

z0oinks

Jul 12, 2013
Would it be safe to try switches one and two as well? If the others don't give good results?

xzanox

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
Netherlands, 1336
yep, apart from 7&8 on, only one other switch on at one time, try whatever the alternate switch that is on (maybe 5) so try 4, then 6, then 3 etc dont forget to switch off and unplug from console each time and dont forget to attach hard drive.

Dale;)
not really necessary to unplug the console every time, just turning it off will do before switching the dips.

Reactions: keil423

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
not really necessary to unplug the console every time, just turning it off will do before switching the dips.
I found sometimes you get a false glitch result unless you unplug, thats just the way I do it tho.

Would it be safe to try switches one and two as well? If the others don't give good results?
yes thats why I said "etc" keep going til you get the best glitch result

chase

VIP Member
Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
yes it has, you have to have everything connected to replicate optimal setting. thats why i said, connect everything and try different timing switches. Then you'll know, when everything is put back together, it will glitch at its optimum
removing the hdd alone would not cause the console to not boot or RROD if the console was fully optimized - if anything it may boot faster or slower but it would boot. on the other hand, removing the console lid, dvd drive, mobo or playing around with wiring position may cause the issues OP is having

also, if the hdd was the issue, then plugging it back in should get the console up and running without the need to play around with the switches since it was optimized to begin with

Last edited:
Reactions: keil423

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
removing the hdd alone would not cause the console to not boot or RROD if the console was fully optimized - if anything it may boot faster or slower but it would boot. on the other hand, removing the console lid, dvd drive, mobo or playing around with wiring position may cause the issues OP is having

also, if the hdd was the issue, then plugging it back in should get the console up and running without the need to play around with the switches since it was optimized to begin with

yes it would, here's a qoute from rjtag installation instructions:

First you need to find your center:

IMPORTANT NOTE: When testing each cycle make sure you hook everything back up to the case (ODD, HDD, WIFI etc). If you dont do this your tuning will be wasted as when you hook everything back up it changes the shape of the pulse. Take your time and do it right and you will get a super fast booting R-JTAG console :smile:

I found that out to my cost when i come to put everything back together thinking i had the optimal timing
:(

chase

VIP Member
Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
yes it would, here's a qoute from rjtag installation instructions:

First you need to find your center:

IMPORTANT NOTE: When testing each cycle make sure you hook everything back up to the case (ODD, HDD, WIFI etc). If you dont do this your tuning will be wasted as when you hook everything back up it changes the shape of the pulse. Take your time and do it right and you will get a super fast booting R-JTAG console :smile:

I found that out to my cost when i come to put everything back together thinking i had the optimal timing
:(
hdd alone does not mean "everything".. I never put the hdd when tuning an r-jtag and i've never had any issues.. I've always optimized the console with everything but the hdd installed and i've always had badass boot times.. don't think hdd alone will cause an optimized console not to boot

z0oinks

Jul 12, 2013
So I just tried every switch... And it never booted. No errors, just that blinking green light every couple of seconds

Oh, and the dips it had on initially were 2, 7, 8

Last edited:

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Dump your stock nand through the demon & PM me a link to that and your CPU key. I'll build 3 images for you to try in turn, return the DIPS back to how they were to begin with.

Lets rule out the image and go from there.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
I had an issue like this, that was caused by the r-jtag chip moving around, and the cpu_rst wire was held on by 1 strand. I resoldered the wire, and it worked perfectly. Since it doesnt seem to me like your chip is moving around, I would pull the drive and check e/f/d wires, to make sure you donr have any cold joints on the motherboard. also it appears that you have a demon installed also, so i would use it to read a new retail nand, and then use that to make a new image for your console. Just my 2 cents.

z0oinks

Jul 12, 2013
sh*t, actually, it's not working anymore. Turned the console off and tried to turn it back on and it didn't boot. Tried flashing the non-aud firmware and it didn't boot. Re-flashed the aud firmware and still isn't booting.

Green light will flash continuously will dips 1,4,5, or 6 but will not flash at all when dips 2 or 3 are used