RDoD on Retail nand but not not on RGH nand

Nadanix

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
Hello Team Xecuter,

I have a RGH Demon Trinity XBOX with a cr3 lite chip. The first couple of years Everything worked fine and it was easy to switch between the two nands, anyhow after a while I realized that I had to wait for 30 seconds when I switched to the retail nand. If I didn't do it I got a "red dot of Death" on the retail side but the RGH side would still be working. I wondered if the Xbox had to "cool down" a little in between. The only way to make the retail side work again was to reflash the retail nand.

A year ago the the retail side got a RDoD forever and i wouldn't matter what nand I threw at it. The RGH side still works though.

I have detached all accessories and the internal USB-chip but still no improvement.

My question is of course how I could fix this? Could this be this a matter of the nand or do I have to reball/reflow the XBOX. Doesn't the hacked nand use the same processors as the retail nand which would make reflow/reball unlikely?

Hope someone can help me.

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Hello Team Xecuter,

I have a RGH Demon Trinity XBOX with a cr3 lite chip. The first couple of years Everything worked fine and it was easy to switch between the two nands, anyhow after a while I realized that I had to wait for 30 seconds when I switched to the retail nand. If I didn't do it I got a "red dot of Death" on the retail side but the RGH side would still be working. I wondered if the Xbox had to "cool down" a little in between. The only way to make the retail side work again was to reflash the retail nand.

A year ago the the retail side got a RDoD forever and i wouldn't matter what nand I threw at it. The RGH side still works though.

I have detached all accessories and the internal USB-chip but still no improvement.

My question is of course how I could fix this? Could this be this a matter of the nand or do I have to reball/reflow the XBOX. Doesn't the hacked nand use the same processors as the retail nand which would make reflow/reball unlikely?

Hope someone can help me.
get the secondary error code off retail side after it boots? that could tell us more.

Nadanix

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
get the secondary error code off retail side after it boots? that could tell us more.
Sorry, there is just the normal beep when you turn the Xbox on and the dot becomes green, but there is never any circle movement in the green LED's .Just the dot and after a while it turns red.
The screen remains black!

Could you read out the secondary error code if the demon would be attached to j-runner while booting in the retail nand? Or is there a different way?

Last edited:

Nadanix

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
I think i figured it out how you get the secondary error code.

Just on question there. I have soldered a wire so i can switch between he retail nand and the demon nand when i press on the sync button. Do I dave to desolder that setup to get the secondary error code?

Nadanix

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
Ok, one person is asking for the secondary error code and the next one says "STOP RIGHT NOW" when I'm asking a question and try to provide the first one with the secondary error code? I'm getting a bit confused by the very different approaches and I don't know who is right and who is wrong.

Could really the soldering be the reason for the retail RDoD. As I told you the RGH works fine and so did the retail for a couple of years too.

Can someone at least reason about the reball/reflow possibility? Either overthrow it or confirm it as an option?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Ok, one person is asking for the secondary error code and the next one says "STOP RIGHT NOW" when I'm asking a question and try to provide the first one with the secondary error code? I'm getting a bit confused by the very different approaches and I don't know who is right and who is wrong.

Could really the soldering be the reason for the retail RDoD. As I told you the RGH works fine and so did the retail for a couple of years too.

Can someone at least reason about the reball/reflow possibility? Either overthrow it or confirm it as an option?
I deleted that post and issued an infraction. Mini-modding is against the rules.

nofeloniesyet has an outstanding reputation in the 360 scene. You can trust him and follow his guidance.

Reactions: nofeloniesyet

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere

im not sure what was posted by anyone else as it was deleted,but if anyone mentioned a reflow or reball of the bga chips on the mobo, they need to obtain a clue about a 360. if the rgh nand boots with no issue,that tells you hardware wise as far as the motherboard is concerned its fine or it would fail to boot also,although rgh/jtag imgs can spit out improper error codes sometimes. retail error code is what ya go by. being your rgh side boots,mobo itself is fine. however it couuuuld be a soldering issue, but less likley than an improper img on the retail side (wrong ldv etc). tbh i cant remember if that wire to sync will mess ya up trying to get the code off retail or not. wouldnt hurt to desolder JUST that wire and pull secondary error code from retail side. if retail is spittin out 0022 for example the likely culprit is wrong ldv.

Nadanix

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
yea still could be a number of things but rgh nand booting.......its gonna be something simple.
I was as well reasoning that it probably would be a retail nand issue because the rgh side still would boot.

So before I start to desolder the sync wire I just have another question.

Is the there a simple way to uppdate my original retail nanddump into the latest retail version in J Runner?

All that I have come across so far recommends to uppdate the Demon retail nand the regular way over xbox live but this isn't possible because the retail nand doesnt boot. I'm aware that I can build a retail nand from my rgh nand i J Runner but could I as well just update my original retail nandump in J Runner?

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
I was as well reasoning that it probably would be a retail nand issue because the rgh side still would boot.

So before I start to desolder the sync wire I just have another question.

Is the there a simple way to uppdate my original retail nanddump into the latest retail version in J Runner?

All that I have come across so far recommends to uppdate the Demon retail nand the regular way over xbox live but this isn't possible because the retail nand doesnt boot. I'm aware that I can build a retail nand from my rgh nand i J Runner but could I as well just update my original retail nandump in J Runner?
what i would do here first is boot into xell and take note of the fusesets that tell you the ldv number (im sure your inclined enough to google all that),take note of what the ldv says it is at. then do a read of retail nand and see what ldv is set in the retail nand.

Nadanix

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
what i would do here first is boot into xell and take note of the fusesets that tell you the ldv number (im sure your inclined enough to google all that),take note of what the ldv says it is at. then do a read of retail nand and see what ldv is set in the retail nand.
Xell shows "fuseset 02: f0ff000000000000" that would give me an an ldv value of "4", right?

My present working 17526 rgh nand gives me a ldv Value of "13" (the one in the lower left corner in the "nand Info" tab in J Runner)

And my 16747 retail nand would give me a value of "9" there.

I'm a bit puzzled why Xell gives me a low "4" Did I missunderstand something?

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Xell shows "fuseset 02: f0ff000000000000" that would give me an an ldv value of "4", right?

My present working 17526 rgh nand gives me a ldv Value of "13" (the one in the lower left corner in the "nand Info" tab in J Runner)

And my 16747 retail nand would give me a value of "9" there.

I'm a bit puzzled why Xell gives me a low "4" Did I missunderstand something?
boot xell and take a pic for me?

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Here we go!
xell shows your ldv as 15. try building a retail img with ldv 15. ldv was patched out on rgh images long ago,so ldv can be wrong on rgh img and still boot,retail however ldv needs to be right. this is def your issue. also to calculate the ldv you count all the f values in fuse sets 7-10,in your case 15. i thin k ya got tripped up on the other fuse sets that you would use to calculate which dash version the console is looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Game_Over

Nadanix

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
Yeeeeeeeees, you're a genius, it worked! And thank you for just not questioning my soldering skills. That would have been a real mess to take apart everything again :)