*READ FIRST* DemoN Toolbox v1.01 *Download*

snake007

BANNED
May 30, 2009
fook

mine must be faulty then cause it will not read the nand when connected. It works fine with the micro usb. When I connect using the ext module jrunner can see it but crashes when you try to read the demon nand. So now I don't know if it is the cables, the ext module, or the demon.

Last edited:

abyss

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2010
Belgium
so i need to flash the demon nand before i install it?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
so i need to flash the demon nand before i install it?
Not at all.

However you are ADVISED to write a 16MB NAND to it (via Micro-USB) and read it back, then compare the two images to make sure they match.

exciterx

Noob Account
Dec 17, 2012
Hello,
I have strange problem, got new DemoN, downloaded and installed the DemoN Toolbox.

Before install it to xbox I want to test it..

DemoN is set to pc mode, drivers installed, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed, PC recognizes DemoN correctly, but Toolbox just do not starts at all, no error messages.. nothing.. And problem same on 2 machines: Windows 7 and WinXP.
In what could be the problem?

J-runner recognize DemoN, upload and download nand just fine...

And second question can I program Coolrunner with DemoN before setup to the Xbox? Do I need provide 3v3 supply to Coolrunner to do it?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
As suggested I tested it with a read write. Read fine, but then when I tried to write the bin file back I get 'Error: Selected image has invalid header.'
What did you expect?

The DemoN NAND is blank when it lands on your doorstep lol.

Write a valid NAND dump to it (any 16MB image will do), read it back and check that both images match (note that the switch should be set to PC at this point and then switched to XB once you have installed the DemoN).

That simple test should be performed to ensure that the DemoN works before you install it (this means the hardware is fine).

Last edited:

knarfboy

Noob Account
Jul 25, 2012
Some time ago i read some news about a new firmware upgrade for the demon on the french webpage http://xbox-360.logic-sunrise.com .
Any known news about a new firmware for the demon?

There is also a new firmware which is being tested right now and we hope to have it all released in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

X-R4Y

Jan 12, 2011
Germany
When using the external USB port for the demon after installation within the xbox, do i need to set the switch inside to PC?? This is a little bit confusing in this thread. Demon is updated to 1.04, image write/read are identically, so PC test performed well.
Now i want to install it to the console, after that (for updating maybe) i can use the external usb port without setting the demon switch to PC?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
When using the external USB port for the demon after installation within the xbox, do i need to set the switch inside to PC?? This is a little bit confusing in this thread. Demon is updated to 1.04, image write/read are identically, so PC test performed well.
Now i want to install it to the console, after that (for updating maybe) i can use the external usb port without setting the demon switch to PC?
The PC - Xbox switch is not confusing. Honest.

PC - for connecting the DemoN to the PC prior to install.
XB - for once the DemoN is connected to the Xbox.

Reactions: X-R4Y