RGH Reading a Drive key directly from Motherboard

Llaver

Oct 25, 2012
Just gonna get this out of the way; Post count means nothing. I've done my research, I'm just more of a lurker xD

I have 3 phats. 2 of them are banned, and I lost the drive key on the other. Currently I am waiting for a phat version of the CR3 Pro & CR3-DGX so I can RGH all of them and sell the 2 banned ones. For the other i want to get the drive key, fix the drive, and be able to play online again. Unfortunately it seems like phat's have quite a wait till the new hardwares ready.

Now, my question.. Is there any way I can read the Drive key directly off of the Motherboard (Jasper)? Obviously I can do it through Xell, but is there a way I can solder my Nand-X wires to different points on the board and read the DVD Drive key from there just like I would with CPU key? The first main problem that I see is the right points. The second is the right software to dump and decrypt the key, but it's worth a shot. :D Who knows, maybe theres a simpler way for people who accidentally erase their drive fw before getting the key (like me... whoops) to recover the key instead of a full RGH.

Any help is appreciated and all Constructive criticism is welcomed :D

Also, please don't just say "No, theres not a way." please give a reason as to why.

Thanks,
Ryan - Llaver

Edit: All consoles are on the 15574 dash.

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Sorry, I forgot to mention that they're all on the 15574 dash.
The reset glitch hack is a no-go on that dashboard version until the CR3 Pro and CR3-DGX release.

What's up with the original drives?

Llaver

Oct 25, 2012
The reset glitch hack is a no-go on that dashboard version until the CR3 Pro and CR3-DGX release.

What's up with the original drives?
Well on the one console thats not banned I accidentally Sent the l-o-erase command before reading the drive key (I know stupid mistake). So I'm just needing to get the drive key and I was wondering if there was a way to read that directly off the board without actually RGHing/getting the CPU key.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Well on the one console thats not banned I accidentally Sent the l-o-erase command before reading the drive key (I know stupid mistake).
That's a school boy error :facepalm:.

It's as if the warning confirmations you are forced to read (and click OK/Yes to continue) before allowing JungleFlasher to issue the L-O Erase command aren't enough - they ask you specifically if you have the drive key for that drive.

Anyway, you will have to sit tight and wait for a solution now and admire the XBOX 360-looking door stop (or DVD player if you like) you currently have.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I love the way the OP is preceded with 'Post count means nothing. I've done my research, I'm just more of a lurker'.

If my RGH Roadmap for noobies didn't explain it well enough in it's colour-coded glory, you're better to send this to someone who understands the process better.

Llaver

Oct 25, 2012
That's a school boy error :facepalm:.

It's as if the warning confirmations you are forced to read (and click OK/Yes to continue) before allowing JungleFlasher to issue the L-O Erase command aren't enough - they ask you specifically if you have the drive key for that drive.

Anyway, you will have to sit tight and wait for a solution now and admire the XBOX 360-looking door stop (or DVD player if you like) you currently have.
I'm aware -.- this was before I had my X360USB and all 3 of my SATA chips (1 onboard) seemed to hate my drive. It only worked in win 95 Dos, so I was doing that. I've done it multiple times I just was rushing and accidentally (silly me) sent l o erase before dumping the key.

I love the way the OP is preceded with 'Post count means nothing. I've done my research, I'm just more of a lurker'.

If my RGH Roadmap for noobies didn't explain it well enough in it's colour-coded glory, you're better to send this to someone who understands the process better.
Lol, I do thank you for that :D
And I was pretty sure theres no way but It's just kind of a last ditch attempt :p