LITEON 83850 v1 Ready for flashing?

Stunkata8

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2011
Greetings all!
I appolagies first for making a new topic about this, but I just couldnt find a good answer about this!

So I have a still 83850C v1 (not updated, not stocked) with an LT 1.1
From the first flash I have the files Key.bin Lite_OFW.bin
and Lite_CFW.bin
So my question is when i get to 13599 can any of the above files be used as a dummy.bin

If not does that mean that if I go to stock fw I can extract a dummy!

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
I would flash back to stock firmware, update your dashboard to 13599 and then flash LT 2.0. The Lite_OFW.bin file looks promising, load that in JungleFlasher target firmware buffer and if it says STOCK then it should be fine to flash so that you can update the dashboard.

Stunkata8

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2011
Aha! Yes so stock then 13599. And after that, can use any of the following files (say the ofw) as source?

Stunkata8

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2011
Nope! It was not!
So now is the only way to get the key by mra?
I wont be able to get the dummy if i return to stock (after it has already been flashed)?
Oh and what can the key.bin be used for - my hopes were with that file!

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Was the drive originally flashed on the same PC you are using now? If so, connect the drive up to your PC and launch JungleFlasher and if you can see Key Verified (yellow/gold highlighted key), click DVDKey32 and then click Dummy from KeyDB. It should allow you to save dummy.bin - use the newly saved dummy.bin file as your source firmware in JungleFlasher and proceed as per the tutorial.

Stunkata8

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2011
Yes its the same pc :) I saw abt that in the pdf my concern was - where is the keydata base saved? Is it between the dvd & t e chipset or smting cuz u know - the windows has been reinstaled the jf is a new ver.

And thx for all the information! I appreciate the time u take to answer my questions

Stunkata8

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2011
Thank you all for your help! All the info WAS in the ofw.bin (it was mra-ed sorry for missleading just the first flash was not my doing)!
The flashing is done, dvd is working and reading discs fine!
Thank you all!

I did:
1.Stock
3.LT 2 using Lite-OFW

With best regards stunk :)