ANSWERED Recovering key after xgd3 update ?

Alexmercer

Noob Account
Jun 11, 2011
1. I bought a pre-flashed xbox so I don't have the dvd-key now.

2.So,after reading about ,I found out that the new dash update also flashes your drive(I have not updated yet.)

3.If I update now and get my drive flashed to the new stock firmware,can I recover my dvd-key from there?Can this new key be used for further flashing when the new LT+ firmware for Xdg3 comes?

4.I am a noob.

Alexmercer

Noob Account
Jun 11, 2011
So using that key...can I flash my console with some other firmware?

And does this mean that if XDG3 had never come ,I would have been unable to recover my key this easily?Because I heard its not possible to recover key from flashed drive easily...

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
You can get your key from your drive, either before the update and after the update.

Once you have obtained the key, yes you can flash the drive with the newer firmware when it comes.

It doesn't matter what update comes, M$ cannot remove the key from your drive as it would stop your drive from working.

So to finilize, you can retrieve your key pre and post update, and you can apply the firmware you want on it, but you would be better off waiting for the newer firmware to be released. Also one last thing, you should reflash your drive back to stock before updating. Saving your key for future reference

Alexmercer

Noob Account
Jun 11, 2011
You can get your key from your drive, either before the update and after the update.

Also one last thing, you should reflash your drive back to stock before updating. Saving your key for future reference
1.Why should I reflash to stock before updating?

2.How do I go about recovering my key before updating because I read somewhere that jungleflasher cannot recover the key from LT+ flashed drives.?

The problem here is that I don't have the stock,nor my dvd-key.So i was gonna update directly,so that M$ will automatically install the stock,and I can get my key from there adn so on...

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
1.Why should I reflash to stock before updating?

2.How do I go about recovering my key before updating because I read somewhere that jungleflasher cannot recover the key from LT+ flashed drives.?

The problem here is that I don't have the stock,nor my dvd-key.So i was gonna update directly,so that M$ will automatically install the stock,and I can get my key from there adn so on...
First of all i do not know which drive you have, but if you have a lite-on like most people, you can get your key using the probe 3 option, which is the safest and easiest option, Just find your drive in the tutorial section and follow the instructions.

There is a risk of a flag for banning by updating while have Custom Firmware on your drive. If they can write the Firmware to your drive, they can also read it. That is why it is recommend to return your drive to stock first.

You will need preferably.

Ck3 Pro/Lite to power the drive
Molex connections (External or desktop pc internal to power the ck3
Probe 3 if you have a Phat Lite-On
X360USB Pro so your pc can recognise the drive.
Jungleflasher to flash the drive and retrieve your key

Last edited:

IMod4$

Noob Account
Jun 5, 2011
All I use is the 6421 sata card and the probe 3 for all my drives....
You can connect the probe 3 to your xbox 360 and then to your dvd drive.

When you need to power it off for vendor mode, just push the button on your probe 3 and let go as instructed on the screen. (This powers off the drive when press and back on when released.)

I only use the actual probe part itself on lite-ons which are the only drives that really need it.

If you have none of these parts except the sata card or sata ports then you can still dump and flash your drive....

1.) Leave the dvd connected to the xbox (power) and unplug the sata cord connected between the xbox and the dvd drive.

2.) Now connect your sata cord from your sata card to the dvd drive and just power up the xbox....
(Open JF and your drive should pop up)

(!!!) When you need to go to vendor mode, click yes, unplug the xbox from the wall and then back in, press the eject button with in 1 second and you got vendor mode...

Though this way can be called caveman style, it worked for me until I got my probe.... (I still use my xbox to power the drive when flashing though...)

Hope this helps...

DrakanFX

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2010
So it means that with JF 1.83 we doesn't need to make solder? we can continue to read firmware with probe 3 after the update`?

wyospartan117

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Nah
So it means that with JF 1.83 we doesn't need to make solder? we can continue to read firmware with probe 3 after the update`?
yes and yes; with current methods you should never have to solder and the probe 3 method still works after the update

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Hi my friend has updated his liteon 83850c v1 it was flashed and now its been re-set back to stock but i've been told that his drives fw is now 02510C so his drive has been updated already. I want to re-extracted his key but I can't find a tutorial for key extraction on the liteon 02510C

I have a probe 3
CK3 Pro
and VIA Card

Can anyone help me please
The turtorial is on the main front page.

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66257