ANSWERED red light psu after write xell

hampsterlamp

Dec 25, 2011
so im attempting to jtag my xenon motherboard i used the quick solder from nand-x manager to dump my nand 5 times all identical with a bad 208 in 3ff i wrote xell and got an e79 then attmepted to restore nand by hitting write bin (used original dump) in coolshrimp jtag tool now when i turn it on i get a red light on the power supply so i never managed to get the cpu key :( but im hoping you guys can help me anyways sorry if there is an identical post to this cause i couldnt find it and ive been looking for a couple of hours....thanks again oh yeah its not power pack it works on other xbox and other power pack doesnt work

Last edited:

hampsterlamp

Dec 25, 2011
the wire was off...i think ill try it with it off the quik solder board is still on, how do i change resistor setting?

hampsterlamp

Dec 25, 2011
so that was unsuccessful i tried taking off the quick solder board for the nand and putting in the pins read it and got 3 non matches....made sure wire was off and tried dumping back in original nand still get red light on power supply any other thoughts?

hampsterlamp

Dec 25, 2011
ok heres an update on my issue if i erase my nand and hit any button to boot nothing happens, when i load in my original nand and attempt to boot i still get the red light on the power supply i have tried the quick solder boards and now im using switching diodes and a jumper wire technique for the jtag part any ideas?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Those pin headers aren't even soldered properly, they should be flush with the board.

Check for any shorts or solder splashes around where you soldered them, also make sure that no traces or resistors were lifted.

Reactions: hampsterlamp

hampsterlamp

Dec 25, 2011
ok so no random solder dropage lifted traces or resistors checked with 10x magnifying glass and a really strong flash on both top and bottom, thanks for actually trying though. any other ideas are greatly appreciated.