Regarding mod if Switch runs out of power

vlahka

Dec 5, 2019
Australia
Sorry for the poor heading. My question is do we need to have the Switch constantly powered after we've set up the SX OS and everythings running fine. Someone mentioned to me if I let the system drain for too long, as I dont use it too often, that after a while it might reset itself and I'd have to go through the process of reinstalling the thing instead of just booting it up like usual. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help on my question.

vlahka

Dec 5, 2019
Australia
Havent had any replies to this question so asking again in case I didnt make sense. Will my license be removed if I leave the system idle for a few months? Like I mentioned before I was told there was a supposed chance of the switch resetting itself or something. Has anyone left their switch untouched for months on end and then booted it back up and had no trouble with the SX OS?

DGMacXD

Noob Account
May 23, 2020
New York
I’m assuming this is in regards to the SX PRO, not the newer devices like the CORE or Lite. The answer is NO, from my experience, the license is embedded into the SD card, so it will remain on the switch. You will, however, have to use the dongle and jig, if you don’t have it set to auto, every time the switch dies. So leaving it running will not effect any performance running CFW.

vlahka

Dec 5, 2019
Australia
Thanks for the reply. Can I ask how long you've left your switch turned off for? I think I did it for a month without realising. Regarding your comment about having it set to auto, what is that? I'm used to doing the dongle thing whenever I've had to recharge the device after it went completely flat.