RGH repair request. solder point b

aydota

Dec 23, 2011
Germany
naw thanx
luckily i went to radioshack, bought a 33ohm and repaired it myself.
pretty damn easy but now im having trouble matching my nands lol
Probably you are using the jtag tool?! I also had problem matching my nands with it! But after using j runner, it was no problem anymore! I suppose you have a bad block on your nand and while reading it there will be always trashy data in this bad block, which won't match with a second read! But in j runner it ain't no problem to compare them!

otchaceotc

Mar 6, 2012
i am using jrunner and believe me the solder points are top notch, i still keep getting the same msg "Files dont match"

otchaceotc

Mar 6, 2012
oh okay lmao see i didnt know that lol
i will change my soldering approach and ill post an update on the results

jones_chris

Feb 24, 2012
Best way to make sure is check continuity from the end of the cable and the reverse side of the points that will tell you if the connections are good.

And also remember to pre-tin the points and make sure the point and the cable are hot enough for the join be made correctly.

Chris

Edit - the cables dont have to be through (but is preferred) as long as you have a good connection
- I myself dont use flux paste i like to pre-tinn by introducing solder to the point

Last edited:

otchaceotc

Mar 6, 2012
Do you get any errors when reading them?
i do i would always get around 6 errors, all the same.
and even now that ive resolder and stuff, i still would get the same errors. but im telling you ive resoldered and im in the verge of resoldering again but it seems no matter how i solder the damn points, they will never match