LITEON 9504 Replacement pcb problem

zaxzax1992

Nov 14, 2010
Greece
I got the pcb from ck3.co.uk and when i removed the wires from the old pcb and solder them directly on the new(didn't use the small board i know how to solder didnt need it) and connect everything back, so i can connect the drive on the pc and flash it , my computer couldn't find the drive i tried to power cycle and after the intro but jf just cant find it and not only that but when i press the eject buton on ck3 lite the dvd wont open the tray.I use x360usb and ck3 lite also when i soldered everything back to the old drive all worked normal could ck3 send a broken pcb or its something normal and i have forget something pls i paid 60 euros for that and i cant send it back i will have to buy a new one.:facepalm:

Last edited:

zaxzax1992

Nov 14, 2010
Greece
:facepalm: I already did that didn't you read my post?? i even press eject on ck3 lite and the tray wont even open.Is this because the board is blank i don't think there is a connection between the firmware and the tray open close commands.

zaxzax1992

Nov 14, 2010
Greece
its on phat by default and still jf cant detect the drive :(

Last edited:

kukuku

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2011
FL
FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT THE PCB IS DEAD / NO POWER / JF NOT DETECTING / NO EJECT - OF COURSE NOT BECAUSE ITS BLANK !!! - NOW READ THE TIP BELOW THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

Tip

If the PCB doesn't detect at all and you can't get into vendor mode with the above method simply click Intro/Device ID and power cycle - you should then get into vendor mode (0x72) with no problems.

WarezRat

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
If you follow the instructions you can program the board BEFORE you install it. The tut steps you through the process.:rolleyes2:

zaxzax1992

Nov 14, 2010
Greece
read my first post kukuku i already done the intro and power cycle im not stupid i read the rules i searcher around the forums and people say that some pcb with a black switch and golder sticker on the back are defective bcs of their bad quality factory and i bought my from a official reseller ck3.co.uk :(

D

Drewssap

jeez relax zak, youre being helped here, must be the economy crisis in Greece,
maybe youre not so good in soldering and you might wanne use the attachement

Last edited by a moderator:

zaxzax1992

Nov 14, 2010
Greece
damn im stupid when the drive came to me the switch was on wp=0 when i switched on 1 jf sudenly found the pcb (warezrat thanks for the tip) closing the post problem solved thanks guys

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

jeez relax zak, youre being helped here, must be the economy crisis in Greece,
maybe youre not so good in soldering and you might wanne use the attachement
just got 18 and done more than 100 solder btw already soldered 3 sputiks for my friends :rolleyes2: