LITEON DG-16D2S Replacing DG-16D2S with TS-H943: Bad idea?

Dameon

Nov 7, 2013
You just need to download the latest firmware pack.
If the RGH roadmap chart is too confusing, you might want to think twice about RGHing it yourself. It's a cross reference chart.
I guess 30 years in electronics with 20 years in Unix and Network Administration doesn't equate to Xbox360 hacking skills. I get that. It's a learning process compounded by a lot of half answers from forum members who don't fully understand the concepts themselves. Just like your tagline states: "If you cannot explain something in simple terms, you simply don't understand it well enough yourself."

No dig at you Martin. You seem to be one of the more adept members here. Willing to impart knowledge without being patronizing. That is the only way for n00b's to learn. Which is what I'm attempting to do.

"I love the smell of rosin core in the morning..."

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
It's not even that. Look at the chart. all you need to know is your dashboard version and your console type. For someone with your knowledge you should be able to ascertain these values in the space of a few minutes.

Dameon

Nov 7, 2013
Well before you test anything and get flagged and banned from xbox live I suggest getting an up to date firmware pack and writing "LTPlus-0251-v3.0" since thats the latest version for a liteon drive. Youve got an old firmware pack there if youre flashing 1.9.
On XBINS, the /XBOX 360/firmware/hacked firmware/LiteOn DG-16D2S/ directory doesn't have anything current (v1.9), but /XBOX 360/firmware/hacked firmware/Firmware Packs/ has Latest_iXtreme_and_Stock_Firmware_Pack_(2013-09-15).rar which does contain newer files. It does have LTPlus-0251-v3.0.bin which is what I'll attempt to flash tonight. Maybe I'll have more consistant results from my X360USB. It seemed to require multiple attempts, resets, power offs, to get it to work in JungleFlasher.

Dameon

Nov 7, 2013
It's not even that. Look at the chart. all you need to know is your dashboard version and your console type. For someone with your knowledge you should be able to ascertain these values in the space of a few minutes.
Okay, with renewed confidence and detailed information, I took another look at the chart.

Jasper v1 (11/14/2008) with a HANA chip running dashboard 2.0.16203.0: likely CB version is 6754, which I can't verify with a dump as I currently have no dump device.

Still not sure where that leaves me. Do I need a J-R Programmer, NAND-X, or Coolrunner? What version? There's a CoolRunner QSB PHAT V3 JRP/NANDX/CR (J2B1 J1D2), but that appears to be an add-on to the CoolRunner. There's a CoolRunner Rev C Mega Bundle that seems to have quite a bit of stuff with it... CPU Reset Cleaner Addon, Multi-Cap Addon, Corona QSB Upgrade.

What is the minimum requirement to run Freestyle and emulators? Just the CoolRunner Rev C? Is that the current model?

Thanks for your patience.

cj_goalie31

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Then there's this: Xecuter R-JTAG v1.0P (PHAT) - Starter Kit FW V1.1. Seems rather expensive and I'm not sure I need all the various bits and pieces that come with it.

You were right Martin, the original XBOX was much easier.
I would recommend the r-jtag ultimate kit. The reason the starter kit wont work is because you need something to read the nand. The ultimate kit comes with the j-runner programmer v2 and the starter does not

Reactions: Dameon

Dameon

Nov 7, 2013
I would recommend the r-jtag ultimate kit. The reason the starter kit wont work is because you need something to read the nand. The ultimate kit comes with the j-runner programmer v2 and the starter does not
So, that would be this kit. That bites... it's much more expensive and is on backorder until the end of the month.

OUT OF STOCK ETA END OF NOVEMBER
But it does have a compromise...

For current backorders, we will send a starter kit, along with the jr-programmer v2 & phat qsb ver 3
Which sounds like what you were recommending anyway. Not sure what it came with before the backorder substitution.

I'll wait until tomorrow to place the order to ensure no one has any issues with that particular kit.

cj_goalie31

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
So, that would be this kit. That bites... it's much more expensive and is on backorder until the end of the month.

But it does have a compromise...

Which sounds like what you were recommending anyway. Not sure what it came with before the backorder substitution.

I'll wait until tomorrow to place the order to ensure no one has any issues with that particular kit.
Yep that will work

Dameon

Nov 7, 2013
Didn't get here any faster... in fact, it took much longer.

Took a couple hours to get everything installed and, as expected, didn't work. I did the complete R-JTAG install using the Xecuter Ultimate kit ordered about a week before it was announced as discontinued. Just my luck. Anyway, everything appears to be cleanly soldered and I used the alternate R8C2 contact.

The console powers up, appears to "glitch reset" about 4 times (I can hear the pitch of the cooling fans dip with each reset), then blinking red ring and center green LED. The JR board has a steady green LED and the TX board has a steady red LED. No change in either LED status on those. Nothing appears on the HDMI connected monitor. Next step is to plug into the USB on the JR board to see if it is giving any output logging. I only get a couple hours a week to work on this, so it's very time consuming with the other things I have going on. I'd really like to get this up and running so I can whip up on my younger relatives in Dr. Mario during Christmas week.

If the JR logs don't tell me anything, I have a trusted forum member willing to take a look at it.

Martin was right, the classic XBOX was much easier. :wink:

cj_goalie31

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Didn't get here any faster... in fact, it took much longer.

Took a couple hours to get everything installed and, as expected, didn't work. I did the complete R-JTAG install using the Xecuter Ultimate kit ordered about a week before it was announced as discontinued. Just my luck. Anyway, everything appears to be cleanly soldered and I used the alternate R8C2 contact.

The console powers up, appears to "glitch reset" about 4 times (I can hear the pitch of the cooling fans dip with each reset), then blinking red ring and center green LED. The JR board has a steady green LED and the TX board has a steady red LED. No change in either LED status on those. Nothing appears on the HDMI connected monitor. Next step is to plug into the USB on the JR board to see if it is giving any output logging. I only get a couple hours a week to work on this, so it's very time consuming with the other things I have going on. I'd really like to get this up and running so I can whip up on my younger relatives in Dr. Mario during Christmas week.

If the JR logs don't tell me anything, I have a trusted forum member willing to take a look at it.

Martin was right, the classic XBOX was much easier. :wink:
I would recommend u start a new thread in the r-jtag support section with pictures of your work. You will get more help their. Im not very good with r-jtag so i cant help much