Retrive save games after deleting Emunand?

Fear125

Noob Account
Feb 17, 2010
Hi

I managed to update my emunand to 7.0.20. At the moment there is no working cfw for it so i decided to delete myEmunand and make a new one.
I backedup all the contents on the sdcard and transfered it back. But either the games and the savegames show up. When i try to install on of the games i had befor i get a message that says: game allready installed, but no save game. Is it possible to get the games back and the save games as well? If yes how?

I use the hidden partition as my emunand

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Did you back up the hidden partition? If not, I would suggest formatting your SD and starting fresh. If you do not have a back up of the hidden partition then I don't think you can get your saves. The games should install fine once you reformat.

Fear125

Noob Account
Feb 17, 2010
I got a backup of everything so it should turn up as planed, but sadly not at the moment.

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
How did you back up the hidden partition and then put the data back in the new hidden partition?

For saves going forward you can use checkpoint of the sx installer to back your saves up.

gnilwob

Noob Account
Jul 13, 2018
I got a backup of everything so it should turn up as planed, but sadly not at the moment.
The nintendo (or Emutendo) folder contains "Content", "Save" and "Album" folders.
But this is not the game save file.

The "everything" in your sentence refer to files on the sd card.
But your emunand is in hidden partition and it is not file on sd card.
So you lost the save already.

Fear125

Noob Account
Feb 17, 2010
Thant was what I was afraid of. Well well back to the old drawingboard then. Thank you for your help. Sadly i found out about checkpiont after the damage was done. This must be the classic learning by failing ;)

pka4916

Aug 25, 2018
nice tool... except my saves are a month old lol... I should have backed them up first before i went to 7..0.1 on my other switch

gnilwob

Noob Account
Jul 13, 2018
nice tool... except my saves are a month old lol... I should have backed them up first before i went to 7..0.1 on my other switch
You can retrieve/inject save from/to 7.0.1 using AMS0.8.4 and Checkpoint.

pka4916

Aug 25, 2018
Kinda figured that.. using AMS0.8.4 Never used that before, but I might give it a shot, since i got another switch anyways
Thanks for the tip.. That worked great and was done in a second.

Last edited:

Support Our Sponsors