JTAG Revert JTAG to stock without original NAND

L

LoneWolf913

So, I've been out of the scene a while, got back in when RGH hit, haven't touched a JTAG in a good while except to code on cause I've got a reballed Zephyr that nobody ever wanted to buy from me. Anyways, lost most of my NAND dumps, long story, literally lost the DVD everything was stored on and I'd just wiped my PC hard drive for a Windows re-install. Long story short, I'd like to revert this Zephyr back to a stock pre-NXE dash and sell it, anybody know how to manage that? I've got donor NANDs, CPU keys, LDV values, did the obvious of patching my KV into a retail pre-NXE image and rebuilding with my CPU key/changing LDV to match what I saw in Xell, but it red-rings 0022 as if it were a bad image. Any possibility I'm doing something wrong, or is it possible the KV is not the original KV the console shipped with? My end goal is to get it back to stock and flip it on eBay, pre-NXEs still sell for around $60...obviously have a hard time selling a pre-JTAGed box on there unless somebody knows a trick.

L

LoneWolf913

use multibuilder to make a retail 14719,check ldv and you should be good.
Please re-read my post, I am trying to go back to a pre-NXE retail dash, i.e. 7371 or earlier, not upgrade to a new FreeBoot or post-NXE retail dash. Thank you for the reply though, as that is correct for returning to retail on an RGH console for anyone who needs to know.

Dimrain13

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Tecumseh, MI / Okinawa, JP
No one will want to buy it if the E-Fuses are blown..and if you dont put that in the item info you sir would piss someone off. with thoughs Blown there's no point to have a pre Nxe.

L

LoneWolf913

No one will want to buy it if the E-Fuses are blown..and if you dont put that in the item info you sir would piss someone off. with thoughs Blown there's no point to have a pre Nxe.
Please explain what you're talking about. This is a working JTAG console with R6T3 removed and a pre-NXE JTAG-exploitable CB. I am attempting to rebuild a retail pre-NXE dashboard (Blades or 7XXX) that will not blow fuses, basically I'm trying to recreate the console's original pre-NXE NAND image from a donor and my own KV, all I want to know is can this be done, because I remember seeing it done when JTAGs were the thing and RGH didn't exist.

tonyjandc

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2011
london uk
another trick instead of reverting . Leave it as it is for that price you want to sell it shouldn't be a problem
Just advertise it as a xbox 360 see pictures and take a good photo of xell and fsd add those and explain on fleabay that if you donot know what this box can do dont buy (lol) if your looking for 60$ someone should snap it up . Explain the dash is 7 series or whatever the orginal is . The key words that get flagged up are rgh and tag and jtag so dont put those in your item . Just add a few details what the box is as you stated zephyr condition of case ect and dont mention nands as well . that will get them checking . Ebay works on a word basis and these words will flag up checks I put infomation supplied with unit lol:rolleyes2:

Duhasst0

VIP Member
Apr 9, 2012
Why are you reverting a jtag anyway dude? Honestly with the way rgh takes a few second to boot I wished my jtag didn't bite the dust. Hell sell as is jtag for 60 on ebay and take what you can get. That its what I would do.

Anyway do you remembed what dash version you had when you jtag'd the box? Because that would be the only way to revert to stock preNXE. You have to match exactly what you had on there when you jtag'd that box when you first dumped it. I'm not sure if the kv our anything changed from pre to NXE but that could be where your problem is.

L

LoneWolf913

another trick instead of reverting . Leave it as it is for that price you want to sell it shouldn't be a problem
Just advertise it as a xbox 360 see pictures and take a good photo of xell and fsd add those and explain on fleabay that if you donot know what this box can do dont buy (lol) if your looking for 60$ someone should snap it up . Explain the dash is 7 series or whatever the orginal is . The key words that get flagged up are rgh and tag and jtag so dont put those in your item . Just add a few details what the box is as you stated zephyr condition of case ect and dont mention nands as well . that will get them checking . Ebay works on a word basis and these words will flag up checks I put infomation supplied with unit lol:rolleyes2:
Thanks for those tips, was wondering how people were sneaking some JTAGs/RGHs through the system, actually seen a few Xenon tags going for $100 or more already wired, so I may try for a bit more if I leave it wired up.

Why are you reverting a jtag anyway dude? Honestly with the way rgh takes a few second to boot I wished my jtag didn't bite the dust. Hell sell as is jtag for 60 on ebay and take what you can get. That its what I would do.

Anyway do you remembed what dash version you had when you jtag'd the box? Because that would be the only way to revert to stock preNXE. You have to match exactly what you had on there when you jtag'd that box when you first dumped it. I'm not sure if the kv our anything changed from pre to NXE but that could be where your problem is.
So the dash has to match exactly, that's most likely my issue, cause I think it was something off the wall like 6690 or 7363 and I can't get a donor that'll match up. Thanks for the advice, may help with some of these other RROD tags I have sitting here from friends.

As far as why I'm reverting a JTAG, I've got two HDMI consoles that glitch in, very literally, a split second. Dual-nand MW2 Jasper and a Falcon Elite that I gave to a family member for a few months, plus I'm working on recovering a Slim I got off fleabay. I don't really NEED that many consoles to start with..not counting my trusty old Xenon JTAG with Cygnos.

Anyways, thanks to you both for the insightful replies, hopefully can get the thing sold as-is on feebay for a hundred or so to someone who'll actually use it.