RGH RGH 2.0 - Cant get Xell to start up. Everything goes though and the console starts

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
Hey guys i need some help. Ive got a falcon board and with coolrunner 3 and jr programmer. Ive followed step by step for jrunner with the pdf. Everything has worked so far but when i go to start it up and get the cpu key i cant get xell to start. the xbox just keeps blinking (because no dvd drive) and tv says no input.

I read the nand 2 times, then i flashed the coolrunner. I have my settings set to RGH 2 and my current dash which is 16767 and a falcon board. then i create a ecc but in the instructions it says there should be a lot of lines that come up when creating an ecc. But when i do it on mine it just says ecc created. So then i write the ecc and it writes it successfully. then i unplug for 10 seconds or so then plug back in the power. Then turn it on the tv and no xell. just a blank screen. Heres my code from the jrunner from the point where Ive started to read the nand all the way to the end

i am on jrunner v0.3 and jr programmer v2

i am wondering if its a possibility that its my soldering? Because im assuming you can program your coolrunner all day long but it wont do anything unless the soldering is all good and can actually connect with the xbox? I am going to try and re solder everything tomorrow but i just want xell to boot up. Right now when i try to start it up to my tv, the red light on my coolrunner stays on and theres a green light that blinks very slowly maybe once every 5 seconds.

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Falcon Manually Selected
!You are creating an ecc image and you have selected retail!
Glitch2 Selected
Falcon Manually Selected
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x01198010
Xenon, Zephyr, Opus, Falcon
CB Version: 5774
Falcon/Opus
Reading Nand to C:\Users\james_000.Jamescomputer\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\output\nanddump1.bin
Reading Nand
Done!
in 3:31 min:sec

Reading Nand to C:\Users\james_000.Jamescomputer\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\output\nanddump2.bin
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Falcon/Opus
Jtag Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Reading Nand
Done!
in 3:30 min:sec

Comparing...
Nands are the same
Glitch2 Selected
CR4 Selected
Options.ini file was altered successfully
Use Edited Options Selected
Programming Coolrunner
C:\Users\james_000.Jamescomputer\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\common\xsvf\falconrgh2.xsvf
USB XSVF Player Initialized
Xilinx XC2C64A-VQ44 ......... [DETECTED]
Erase Succeeded
File: C:\Users\james_000.Jamescomputer\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\common\xsvf\falconrgh2.xsvf
Sending Out Packets .........
Success
Falcon Manually Selected
ECC created
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:18 min:sec

Falcon Manually Selected
ECC created
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:18 min:sec

Last edited:

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
I knew i had to post pics i forgot to will post them here (it was 5am when i was trying to get this post done) -_- sorry if the pictures arent the greatest. I had to crop them because the file size was too big :( But thank you guys for all your help!

IMG_20150512_134554479 (2).jpg
IMG_20150512_134307243 (2).jpgIMG_20150512_134404442_HDR (2).jpgIMG_20150512_134436023_HDR (2).jpgIMG_20150512_134502309_HDR (2).jpg

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
RGH 2.0 - Cant get Xell to start up. Everything goes though and the console s...

I'm confused. In your OP you said it was a CoolRunner 3. We assumed you had a CR3 Lite. Your going to have a hell of a time with a Falcon and a Rev C (I hoping it's legit. I can't see the corners but I do see the running man). Google RGH 1.2.

And clean up after yourself. Excess flux can cause issues. The longer it sits, the harder it's going to be to clean up.

Last edited:

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
Re: RGH 2.0 - Cant get Xell to start up. Everything goes though and the console s...

Yeah i did some research and found how hard it is to do a falcon. Ive got like 25 xboxes because i fix and sell but literally 3 of them are non falcons and non xenons its ridiculous. and the ones i have only 1 of them actually turns on. But theres a dashboard update thats failed and cannot be fixed. Even when i try manually. So do you think it would still work to rgh This xbox even though theres a failed dashboard update? Since from the best of my knowledge we are changing the firmware? im restarted doing a zephr board.

and sorry about the misinformation about the coolrunner. Im a noob at this as you can tell lol. I tired to rgh an xbox a while back and i couldnt get the jr programmer working and i decided to retry

Last edited:

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
RGH 2.0 - Cant get Xell to start up. Everything goes though and the console s...

Yes you can fix a failed update. RGH2 sucks on a Falcon. RGH 1.2 is a revived version of RGH1 which worked very well on Falcons. I don't think you'll have any issues with that Rev C.

Last edited:

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
Re: RGH 2.0 - Cant get Xell to start up. Everything goes though and the console s...

So the rgh 2 will fix that failed update? because ive tried eveything to fix it and nothing worked so im hoping that this will make it go away but im having issues again.

I hooked everything up, read the nand and compared. then flashed my CR and then created and wrote my ecc successfully everything was going great and following along perfectly with the instructions for jrunner. but i unplugged the power for 10 seconds. then plugged it into my tv and im not getting anything. :( no picture or xell. I will send pictures of my soldering. I mean its a bit sloppy because all i have is a 20 dollar iron from radio shack and some flux and solder. But all the connections are solid. and not touching anything else. I make sure each one is solid by gently wiggling it to see if it wiggles. if it doesnt then im assuming its a solid connecting.

last question how low does it usually take for xell to start up. Ive been waiting for about 3 minutes and i have nothing? could it take longer? or are my connections not good? ill upload pics right now.

i have my CR on NOR mode with PHAT for the other switch. just confused on why im not getting anything. My points seem pretty good i mean good but sloppy.

BUT for the connection point for B In the diagram it shows that i needs to be conected to just the soldering point on the right since theres 2 (for a resistor) will it mess everything up if that point on B is touching both points?

IMG_20150512_160107458.jpgIMG_20150512_160118870.jpgIMG_20150512_160145726.jpgIMG_20150512_160012967.jpg

Last edited:

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014

So i have restarted and gotten everything to go thorugh. The nand went thorugh but had trouble reading 2 blocks. But then i flashed coolrunner and went thought. then created ecc and went thought. Then wrote the ecc and went though. But when i plugged it into my tv. Ive got the solid red light on coolrunner. and the green light blinked about every 5 seconds but now the green light isnt coming on at all. Is the green light supposed to come on or blink or antying. is it a sign if it doesnt turn on or what? ive tried to look it up, but the only thing i can find about the lights are some people not getting green lights and such. Not exactly what they are for and what they tell

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
So just fix my cpu rst wire and then waht do you mean remove c8n. Sorry im a bit new so not sure what that is. and after i change these things am i just re writing my ecc or do i have to reflash my coolrunner since im putting it in slim mode.

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
Just take the whole c8 off completely? and what does it do exactly because if i take it off i want to be able to put it back on if needed unless its not needed for anything. ... and i dont think i would be able to do that and i ran out of wire so i grabbed one from a dvd drive from an xbox. and i also have the cap closed by A and B and on the instructions it says it doesnt matter if its open or closed. Which is better im assuming closed it better?

also, after i do all of this am i just rewriting my ecc or do i have to reflash my coolrunner too?

and you say get rid of the white cable. are you talking about the double shielded cable. Just get rid of that and use regular wire?

Last edited:

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
Just take the whole c8 off completely? and what does it do exactly because if i take it off i want to be able to put it back on if needed unless its not needed for anything. ... and i dont think i would be able to do that and i ran out of wire so i grabbed one from a dvd drive from an xbox. and i also have the cap closed by A and B and on the instructions it says it doesnt matter if its open or closed. Which is better im assuming closed it better?

also, after i do all of this am i just rewriting my ecc or do i have to reflash my coolrunner too?

and you say get rid of the white cable. are you talking about the double shielded cable. Just get rid of that and use regular wire?
bud just remove it switch to slim then use program cr with timing file a or d I always use a

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
ive been using D but i did everything you said and then ran into a problem. It says it cant right a ecc image. so im putting the orignial nand back on to see if the console starts up normally then im going to restart. by reading nand and such then seeing if i can go from there.

i replaced the D cord that was a double shielded to a regular cable, im assuming thats what you were saying. So

When i read nand i have error reading a couple lines

Error: 250 reading block 35
Error: 250 reading block 30D

just wondering if if those are a big deal or if the xebuild will fix those later on.

Last edited:

john mathews

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2014
peoria illinois
ive been using D but i did everything you said and then ran into a problem. It says it cant right a ecc image. so im putting the orignial nand back on to see if the console starts up normally then im going to restart. by reading nand and such then seeing if i can go from there.

i replaced the D cord that was a double shielded to a regular cable, im assuming thats what you were saying. So

When i read nand i have error reading a couple lines

Error: 250 reading block 35
Error: 250 reading block 30D

just wondering if if those are a big deal or if the xebuild will fix those later on.
as long as there the same doesn't matter jrunner will remapp

jamesbones626

Aug 19, 2014
So i screwed myself. Pretty sure i lost my orignial nand...not sure how. i never overwrote it. and i saved a backup of every single one. But i keep getting a header is wrong message :( so looks like im sh*t out of luck. what is the best type of xbox to rgh? jasper?