RGH 2 for xbox 360 E corona V5

FixingFun

Noob Account
Aug 20, 2020
Aus
Hello all im new to modding and finding it quite fun
But atm im stuck at the stage when u boot up the xbox E it doesn't glitch to give me a CPU key and i followed the process
when it turns on it goes green then the fan turns off and pluses red for a long time
not sure on what to do now
iv using a Xbox 360 E Corona V5
with CR4 XL and a JR programmer and i used the programmer to right the ECC file(aka Image) and the Post Adapter V1 reads signals correctly iv learnt from weekend modder
all the drivers are installed, and using dash 17511
Thanks for future Help!

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Please upload photos of the wiring / soldering and post the contents of your J-Runner log file.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
If you can't attach files, upload them to an external website such as TinyPic or Imgur.

Does your console boot fine with the original NAND written and the CR4 disabled (desolder the 5V wire to disable the chip)?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
dam it doesn't boot
but it did boot before i hope i didnt fry it
does the HDD need to be plugged in?
The hard drive does not need to be plugged in for the console to boot.

How many times did you dump the NAND image?

If you write the original NAND dump back to the console and disable the chip as advised above, the console should boot in it's retail state.

FixingFun

Noob Account
Aug 20, 2020
Aus
nvm i found out i didn't put the fan on hard enough, but now it RROD now how to fix it?
i wrote to the nand with "write to nand" with original image and it still rrod

Last edited:

FixingFun

Noob Account
Aug 20, 2020
Aus
===================================================
Saturday, August 22, 2020 1:09:01 AM

J-Runner v0.8 Started

WARNING! - Your selected working directory already contains files!
You can view these files by using 'Show Working Folder' Button

Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Corona
Glitch2 Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Glitch2m Selected
ECC created
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00043000
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:18 min:sec

Checking Console..
Corona
CB Version: 9188
Trinity
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Checking Console..
Corona
CB Version: 9188

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Please take some better photos if you can.

I would also recommend writing the stock NAND image back to the console, remove JRP wiring and disable the CR4 chip to test because you need to make sure that the console still boots in it's retail state.

If you still get RROD with the stock NAND written and the CR4 disabled, it means something else is wrong.

Reactions: FixingFun

FixingFun

Noob Account
Aug 20, 2020
Aus
Use Edited Options Selected
Please take some better photos if you can.

I would also recommend writing the stock NAND image back to the console, remove JRP wiring and disable the CR4 chip to test because you need to make sure that the console still boots in it's retail state.

If you still get RROD with the stock NAND written and the CR4 disabled, it means something else is wrong.
yep you are right i did what you said and something else is wrong :/ hope i didn't kill it

FixingFun

Noob Account
Aug 20, 2020
Aus
no signal
but it basically go like this now
i turn it on the power supply goes green and the main light goes green and fan turns on the after that it goes to red solid and the fan turns off then the PSU goes orange

Last edited:

Abstract3000

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2011
That soldering job is terrible :/ You need too work on that, and i suggest you start by getting a good soldering rig with better tips and adjustable temp setting, and a set of good tweezers. (Easily had in the $100 - $150 range online)

The next thing you need to do is get all those wires off the board, once that is done use a good magnifying glass with a desk lamp to go over all the traces and soldering points you touched and ensure you didn't short anything while attempting this mod. I suspect you either got solder connecting pads, or you wrecked a pad to the point of no contact, so be sure after all the wires are removed you fix those point/pads up before continuing.

I am not deliberately trying to be rude, but rather being honest about the situation. I was like you 20 years ago and botched a 6 wire eeprom mod on an original PSX due to my terrible soldering skills, learned the hard way over the years that the $15 Radio Shack Special belongs only in the trash, and pulled PCB's from old electronic devices I was throwing out and spent time unsoldering the components and soldering them back. It is an acquired skill, not a natural talent. Keep at it and you will get it.

edit: Forgot to mention when you are prepared to take another stab at it, I would suggest a larger gauge of wire, those thick ones you are using could also be the reason you are holding your iron to the point to long, and if your not using Flux do so.

Last edited: