RGH RGH Dual Nand not booting to retail!!

MetalGuru666

Jun 5, 2013
Hey guys, some of you may have read my other thread but let me get you guys up to speed. I had a professional perform a dual nand on my 4GB Trinity Slim console about 2 weeks ago and I have been having freezing problems which he fixed by re-routing the CPU_RST cable. The re-routing helped for about a week or so but then I began experiencing freezing issues on both my retail and hacked nand which the modder found to be an incorrectly grounded wire.

Got my console back tonight, the hacked nand/side works like a charm but I can't even boot to my retail nand via the sync button on the console! I try to boot it up as I normally would by holding the sync button and pressing the power button simultaneously but it just doesn't work...I hear my fan working to what seems to be the fastest it can go and the sync lights appear randomly but the console never boots, even after 5 minutes of holding the sync button!

Any suggestions, ideas? I just want this thing to finally work...:mad:

Last edited:

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
Hey guys, some of you may have read my other thread but let me get you guys up to speed. I had a professional perform a dual nand on my 4GB Trinity Slim console about 2 weeks ago and I have been having freezing problems which he fixed by re-routing the CPU_RST cable. The re-routing helped for about a week or so but then I began experiencing freezing issues on both my retail and hacked nand which the modder found to be an incorrectly grounded wire.

Got my console back tonight, the hacked nand/side works like a charm but I can't even boot to my retail nand via the sync button on the console! I try to boot it up as I normally would by holding the sync button and pressing the power button simultaneously but it just doesn't work...I hear my fan working to what seems to be the fastest it can go and the sync lights appear randomly but the console never boots, even after 5 minutes of holding the sync button!

Any suggestions, ideas? I just want this thing to finally work...:mad:
i would sort this with the installer.

Reactions: MetalGuru666

MetalGuru666

Jun 5, 2013
I'll contact him tomorrow but this is going to be my 4th time going back to his place to get my console checked out and he lives 30 mins away by car.

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
You have the external module installed

JohnWestBear

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
UK
Do you know what Dual NAND setup he used?

Ie is it a Demon / Cygnos / *******

If its a demon normally there is a small pcb on the back of the console with a blue LED that you can turn on / off?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
"I try to boot it up as I normally would by holding the sync button and pressing the power button simultaneously but it just doesn't work"

Go back to your installer and TELL them you want to know how to use the DemoN he/she fitted - properly.

MetalGuru666

Jun 5, 2013
Do you know what Dual NAND setup he used?

Ie is it a Demon / Cygnos / *******

If its a demon normally there is a small pcb on the back of the console with a blue LED that you can turn on / off?
He used squirt modchip with squirt glitchip 1.2 black

MetalGuru666

Jun 5, 2013
"I try to boot it up as I normally would by holding the sync button and pressing the power button simultaneously but it just doesn't work"

Go back to your installer and TELL them you want to know how to use the DemoN he/she fitted - properly.
I know how to use it, it's just not working.

Nadles

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia Beach
You need to post pictures of the install if possible. Without pictures J-runner logs, and everything needed to properly diagnose the issue there isn't much we can tell you how to do. It sounds like more of an install issue or operator error. I have never installed a Squirt Modchip myself. I stick to TX products so I couldn't tell you. But there isn't really much we can do if you have no pictures or information about the console or install itself.

MetalGuru666

Jun 5, 2013
You need to post pictures of the install if possible. Without pictures J-runner logs, and everything needed to properly diagnose the issue there isn't much we can tell you how to do. It sounds like more of an install issue or operator error. I have never installed a Squirt Modchip myself. I stick to TX products so I couldn't tell you. But there isn't really much we can do if you have no pictures or information about the console or install itself.
I don't have the tools to open up my console but I can provide information about the console which I have done already in my OP. The modder will pass-by my house today to check it out and I'll be getting my console back tomorrow.

Reactions: savmod

savmod

Jun 10, 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have installed a demon before, however I would suggest going back to your original installer and asking them to look into this for you. Tell them the issue, and see if they can sort it out.

The reason for this, is because we would need to see pictures of all the points that have been soldered to. And if you are incapable of installing the demon yourself, and unable to open the console yourself. Then we cannot provide you with a good answer, that relates to your question.

We would definitely need some pictures of the demon installed and close up clear pics of the coolrunner installed also. There is just no other way, we can provide an answer, unfortunately.

If this has been professionally installed, as you stated. Then I would definately recommend taking the console back to them, and asking them to resolve the problem.

I am just been extremely honest with you, in regards to what options are available and the possibilities in how we can help you out.

Regards
Savmod