RGH RGH edition pions

djavs

Apr 19, 2009
UK Leicester
[solved] RGH edition pions

hey guys

when i solder i dont use the pins which come with rgh edition....but then again i have no idea how do you solder these pins on - does anyone have tutorial for it

is it best practice to leave them in the console if you going to be updating etc regular

View attachment 10227

Last edited:

troyday2

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2012
Canada
There garbage, you have to remove each pin and solder them in perfectly straight to get the black plastic piece back on. A direct wire solder job is easier and more reliable, you can use QSB's but they can be finicky.

Reactions: djavs

Akilles

VIP Member
Oct 7, 2011
Texas
I don't understand why people fear installing qsb's since I think they're easier to install than direct wires

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: djavs

RROD!

VIP Member
Apr 13, 2011
There garbage, you have to remove each pin and solder them in perfectly straight to get the black plastic piece back on. A direct wire solder job is easier and more reliable, you can use QSB's but they can be finicky.
remove each pin??? think you donig it wrong buddy just need solder braid or desoldering pump to get the solder out the row of holes and drop the row of pins in and solder its that easy

homegrown

VIP Member
Aug 23, 2010
P.E.I. Canada

What? Those are easy to solder in without taking the pins out. All you do is use desoldering braid or desolder pump to remove the solder in the holes.

As for the QSB's they are the easiest way to go as long as you use a good quality solder and know not to use too much flux and make sure you pre-tin

all the solder joints before you solder in the QSB's and you shouldn't have any problems.

Sorry I forgot to hit the post button before I went to get a drink and just saw the new posts now that weren't there before I started, lol

Last edited:

troyday2

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2012
Canada
Only when you can get all the solder out