RGH RGH 'roadmap' for n00bies

adrianr2z

Aug 8, 2012
Hey Martin,
I was just wondering if you think its better to do the RGH 1 for now until the RGH2 is kinda tweeked so it has better boot times. I'm going to be RGHing my first jasper and I want to stick to RGH1 because I hear it has better boot times and has less hassle. Would just like to get your 2 cents on this. Even though RGH2 gives you the access to xbox live, it doesn't seem worth it to much cause you can only do what a retail xbox does on xbox live. I would sacrifice xbox live for less hassle. If I want to however, I can rewire the things and add a demon in order to get RGH 2, wouldn't I ?

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I know that it's RGH2 but can i get the cpu key over dashboard 14719 or not like 15574?
This is a phat console and not slim.
It might have been quicker to state you didn't understand what the RGH was.

If you can RGH2 it, you can get the CPU key.

Reactions: Alex230

myst77

Nov 24, 2010
hello guys!

I investigate RGH (i'm experienced in flashing)

I have a slim (trinity) with 14719 and some questions :)

1) Do i have to do RGH2? what are the differences with RGH1 in hardware connection and in software tools?
2) is there a pic or video of how do i install pin headers for NAND-X?
3) If i use 50 Ohm Micro Double Shielded Cable does post QSB is helpful?
4) if i get the new CoolRunner CR3 Development Board Lite is the post QSB still helpful?

THANKS IN ADVANCE !

sick360mods

BANNED
Mar 22, 2010
Longisland , New York
Slims are always rgh 2 , no there's not its pretty selves explained , I think post out qsb is needed for most console using a 50 ohm cable or not. Not sure about the last one. Yes its still needed

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
1) Do i have to do RGH2? what are the differences with RGH1 in hardware connection and in software tools?
2) is there a pic or video of how do i install pin headers for NAND-X?
3) If i use 50 Ohm Micro Double Shielded Cable does post QSB is helpful?
4) if i get the new CoolRunner CR3 Development Board Lite is the post QSB still helpful?
Search, read, search and read some more ;).

Everything you just asked is covered somewhere on the forum.

The OP should have given you enough information about which dashboard versions are compatible with RGH.

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
when you refer to dashboard version, are you talking about the original one or the last updated? I mean can a software update hinder a hardware modification?
it's referring to the one your console is currently on ! and yes a software update can affect hardware modification , and has

Reactions: SkyCaptain

Gears123

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
London, UK
when you refer to dashboard version, are you talking about the original one or the last updated? I mean can a software update hinder a hardware modification?
Hes talking about the dashboard version which your system is currently running, a software update can hinder a hardware modification such as the 15574 prevented the ability tp RGH for now and same for the JTAG

myst77

Nov 24, 2010
QUESTION ABOUT PIN HEADER INSTALL...

if i use de-solder braid to remove solder from mainboard do i have to solder again the pinheader or just push it in the hole?
Is it (in general) easier than cutting the cable solder it in mainboard or soldering the QSB ?

myst77

Nov 24, 2010
My XBOX has dashboard 14719

when i go for RGH can i choose in XeBuild options (upright corner in Jrunner) 15574 to flash with newer dash or i have to choose 14719 and update freebot after RGH ?

myst77

Nov 24, 2010
hello again!

i ordered Xecuter Nand-X RGH Edition JTAG Kit v3 and Xecuter CoolRunner CR3 Lite
I have a couple of questions

1) Do i still need to Ground Double-Shielded Coax Cable
as it says here:
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86752
or it is not necessary by using CR3 Lite ?
2) If it is needed what cable can i use for the ground? Is it included in the package?