RGH wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
My RGH wont boot, I know it takes a while sometimes, but I don't think it would take this long. The green light does flash every 5 seconds, and I have the component cable in. Is it possible that the coolrunner somehow broke? If it really does take this long, is there any way to improve the boot time?

Last edited:

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
TX Product(s) used: e.g J-R Programmer,Coolrunner rev c
Console Type: Jasper
NAND size: 16
Dashboard version: e.g 2.0.16547
CB version: e.g 6754
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
(attach an image to your post)
J-Runner log:
updflash.bin log (if applicable):
Image of Coolrunner:
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
(attach images to your post)

Description of problem: It attempts to boot, but never does.

Was the console working before you started: Y

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: Y

How long is the light on for each time: It stays on for different amounts of time each time, but mostly about 3 seconds.

(be aware that if you're trying to work on a faulty console, this is not a T-X product issue!!).

I answered only the quick to answer stuff. Let me know if you need more info.

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
I think if I program the coolrunner again with a different selection, it might work. what do you suggest I select? I tried mostly everything.
Here are the pictures:
IMG_0099[1].JPGIMG_0098[1].JPG

Let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited:

ultimate360

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2013
MN, USA
Soldering on cr side appears to be ok as far as what i can tell from that fuzzy image. If you are getting a debug light but no boot, I would recommend double checking your E and F points and make sure they are in correct spots on board. Also take a photo of where your wires are at on the board. Need more photos of install points and layout to help further..

WildCard007

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2013
USA
I would like to see clearer pictures. It looks like you have something sitting on your coolrunner chip. I'm hoping it's an accident and not an attempt to block people from seeing it is a fake coolrunner.

Slayertex6

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2011
Galveston, Texas
On a RGH2 Jasper, the main trick is the CPU_RST (blue wire). Some take the 10ohm resistor and some don't. Then it comes down to wire placement. This is a TX forum, but I have used other products and have never really had any problems with jaspers.

Steel-Cleiton

BANNED
May 11, 2012
Brasil
The corners are not rounded
it sure is a fake sh*t

Last edited:

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
I now notice the difference between the two. I didn't know it was a fake cause I sent it to someone as a service. I was told the coolrunner I had was damaged and needed to be replaced (which was a TX coolrunner). And he would replace it for an extra 20$. The But I see the difference. This is likely why its not glitching and why it was bad at glitching to begin with. I was not happy at all with the very slow glitch times, so I moved the coolrunner over so I could program it (this is why it looks like this) and tried to reprogram the coolrunner with different timing files and it wouldn't glitch no matter what I selected. It likely doesn't use jrunner to be programmed. So judging from the picture, should I use the coolrunner I had because it is detected by jrunner and can still be programmed.
IMG_0100[1].JPG

(sorry the picture is bad, its the best I could get.) The reason there's a lot of flux left on it is because the one who finished the RGH for me didn't bother to clean it up since it was supposedly damaged, although jrunner still can program it with no problems. If there is still any hope left for this "damaged" coolrunner, what do you suggest I use to clean off the flux? also the only thing that was damaged was r12 which I accidentally removed. (which I was told there was a way to bypass it.) Is it possibly actually not damaged?

Last edited:

Steel-Cleiton

BANNED
May 11, 2012
Brasil
I now notice the difference between the two. I didn't know it was a fake cause I sent it to someone as a service. I was told the coolrunner I had was damaged and needed to be replaced (which was a TX coolrunner). And he would replace it for an extra 20$. The But I see the difference. This is likely why its not glitching and why it was bad at glitching to begin with. I was not happy at all with the very slow glitch times, so I moved the coolrunner over so I could program it (this is why it looks like this) and tried to reprogram the coolrunner with different timing files and it wouldn't glitch no matter what I selected. It likely doesn't use jrunner to be programmed. So judging from the picture, should I use the coolrunner I had because it is detected by jrunner and can still be programmed.
View attachment 26039

(sorry the picture is bad, its the best I could get.) The reason there's a lot of flux left on it is because the one who finished the RGH for me didn't bother to clean it up since it was supposedly damaged, although jrunner still can program it with no problems. If there is still any hope left for this "damaged" coolrunner, what do you suggest I use to clean off the flux? also the only thing that was damaged was r12 which I accidentally removed. (which I was told there was a way to bypass it.) Is it possibly actually not damaged?
r12 is a 10 ohm resistor
close with a jumper
if you want to use the 10 ohm, just add it at point D
to remove the flux, use isopropyl alcohol

Last edited:
Reactions: UndeadZombie II

UndeadZombie II

Mar 16, 2014
If anyone knows where I can get one, I need a download link to download a jrprogrammer v2 update. I found the 360mods.net link but I can't use that link. Is there another link to download the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.