Rgh xbox360 wont boot into fsd3

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Hi,
I'm a noob and I'm having an annoying issue with my 360 . Rgh 'd it and it has worked for as long as I remember. Suddenly one day it doesn't boot into dash no more or even xell. It was checked out by our trusty Oggy and deemed fine.
It was returned and I tried it again, still Didnt work . Then tried it on a tv downstairs and it worked ..after much research apparently it's an issue for the Xbox and the tv not to handshake over hdmi but this has never happened before and I've played this box on both and more tv's. Never gave this problem . Can anyone point me to a fix or any advice .

Note : I don't have component cable , tossed that away a long time ago

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Have you tried resetting display settings?

You could also try enabling the NOHDMIWAIT XeBuild patch if you are using HDMI.

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Resetting the display settings by holding y +RT ? That doesn't work ...plus ibdont see how it's gonna work especially when the Xbox won't even boot into dash. I've held those two buttons down for a long timeand nothing .

How does the second work ? I'm a noob

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
Resetting the display settings by holding y +RT ? That doesn't work ...plus ibdont see how it's gonna work especially when the Xbox won't even boot into dash. I've held those two buttons down for a long timeand nothing .

How does the second work ? I'm a noob
Just turn off display discovery in the nxe settings, then set your display manually and see if that takes care of it. Do it on the other tv if you have to.

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks skillet . How does one turn of display discovery ? And set display manually ?

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
go to system settings in the nxe dash then console settings then display. You will see display discovery. Turn it off. It will ask you if you are sure/reboot then when it turns on it will be in 480i just go back to the display settings and then select 1080p or desired display. Certain model TV's/receivers had this issue. If it works on one TV and not the other it would seem the TV is the issue.

Last edited:

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks . But this is the problem ..how can I change settings in nxe when it doesn't boot into nxe at all ... If I can get into standard Xbox dash then I can apply these changes but it doesn't ...here's the problem

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks Martin, after a lot of tries I got it to work last night but when I turned it off and on again ..didn't work . I don't get RoL either on the pad or the console ...please help

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Thanks Martin, after a lot of tries I got it to work last night but when I turned it off and on again ..didn't work . I don't get RoL either on the pad or the console ...please help
Has the debug light stopped flashing? Does the RoL cycle when you boot from eject?

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Hi geek, I don't think it's the port. The same wire and works with my laptop when I hdmi to the same tv

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Debug light ? You mean the coolrunner blinking green and red inside the box right ? Still flashes green and red . Booting using eject doesn't do anything . I don't get RoL

SlothGSR

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2012
go to tv that works. load up console. hit home button. hit Y. hold RB. Click on restart FSD and it will load you into NXE. then you should be able to change your display settings.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Debug light ? You mean the coolrunner blinking green and red inside the box right ? Still flashes green and red . Booting using eject doesn't do anything . I don't get RoL
Since XeLL doesn't need any AV connected for the RoL to cycle, it's not that. If the debug's not stopping, it's not glitching - plain and simple.

J_SON

Sep 27, 2013
Hi everyone , thanks for the input and suggestions .. after leaving the Xbox alone for this past two days ..tried it last night on the tv that initially discovered the issue and it worked..what I did differently was use my wirless controller to start the Xbox .and like that ..it worked with the same hdmi. I might just be speculating here but since we can't pin point the main issue, I would keep on trying