rgh2 alternative cpu reset pin

infyxghost

Noob Account
Sep 15, 2020
US
Hi, I am trying to install my ACE v3 board to my zephyr. However, I ripped off the cpu reset pad from the xbox motherboard.

Are there any alternative pads I can solder to?

Thanks

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Please upload a photo showing the damage.

There are alternatives, but I don't want to advise until I have seen what you are dealing with.

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
I have attached an image for you (thanks to Martin C and Ubergeek for the original image).

You can use the left side of R8C2 or the solder point where the red dot is, but be very careful as these are the last two exposed CPU_RST points on the motherboard and if you f**k these up, you need to solder to a small trace running directly in to the CPU.

Also, the resistor is 1K Ohm, so bear that in mind if you damage or lose it somehow as you will need to replace it if the worst happens.

Attachments

infyxghost

Noob Account
Sep 15, 2020
US
I have attached an image for you (thanks to Martin C and Ubergeek for the original image).

You can use the left side of R8C2 or the solder point where the red dot is, but be very careful as these are the last two exposed CPU_RST points on the motherboard and if you f**k these up, you need to solder to a small trace running directly in to the CPU.

Also, the resistor is 1K Ohm, so bear that in mind if you damage or lose it somehow as you will need to replace it if the worst happens.
Awesome, thanks a bunch!!!!

If you don't mind answering, what point will give better reliability/boot times?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Awesome, thanks a bunch!!!!

If you don't mind answering, what point will give better reliability/boot times?
Based on experience, the R8C2 point is best to use, but since your console has a Zephyr motherboard, it might not be as reliable as a console with a Falcon or a Jasper motherboard.

I say this because Zephyr motherboards were always known for being unreliable with the glitch hack.

Last edited:
Reactions: infyxghost

infyxghost

Noob Account
Sep 15, 2020
US
Based on experience, the R8C2 point is best to use, but since your console has a Zephyr motherboard, it might not be as reliable as a console with a Falcon or a Jasper motherboard.

I say this because Zephyr motherboards were always known for being unreliable with the glitch hack.
Awesome, thanks a bunch!