RGH RGH2 Falcon CoolRunner Rev C ISSUE

djavs

Apr 19, 2009
UK Leicester
Hi Team

I;m trying to RGH2 my falcon on dash 14719 as i go to told this can only be rgh 2 not rgh 1 CORRECT?

I've managed to solder everything in the correct area, i can read the nand using nand-X taken two DUMPs (no not a poo). lovely

I can now flash the coolruner SET to PROGRAMMED, SWITCH TO NORMAL create ecc and write ecc no problem.

switchon falcon see the green light on coolrunner come then go off and its doing something bit nothing on the screen. It doesnt boot in xell reloaded....

1- tried re-flashing coolrunner with B,C falcon experimental not A or D. NO JOY

2-flash back to stock falcon comes on in seconds.

scratching my head on this one.

I haven't added a 100nf to the cap - should i be doing this? would a reset CPU help here as i reember KEL from epic cosoles saying this helps massively.

PS are jaspers much easier to do ?

oh and here screen show of jrunner
View attachment 10124

here's my jrunner report

===================================================
31 July 2012 00:35:56
J-Runner v0.2 Beta (279) Started

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Initializing Nand..
Nand Initialization Finished
Initializing Nand..
Nand Initialization Finished
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Programming Coolrunner
C:\J-Runner v02 (278) Core Pack\common\xsvf\falconrgh2.xsvf
Flashing C:\J-Runner v02 (278) Core Pack\common\xsvf\falconrgh2.xsvf to CoolRunner
Input Filesize: 593E
Output Filesize: 2C82
Done!

Exited!
* unpacking flash image, ....
ECC'ed - will unecc.
UnECC'ed
* found decrypted CD
* found XeLL binary, must be linked to 0x1c000000
* we found the following parts:
SMC: 1.6
CB_A: 5773
CB_B: 5773
CD (image): 5773
CD (decrypted): 9452
* checking required versions...
ok
* patching SMC...
Patching Falcon version 1.6 SMC at offset 0x12A3
* Replacing CD...
* XOR HACK NEEDED FOR CB 5773
* patching CB_B...
patchset for 5772 found, 4 patch(es)
* Applying XOR Hack to CB_B 5773
*** Re-encrypting CB_B with xor keystream
*** Fixing entrypoint
* Replacing CB_A 5773 with 5772
* encrypting CB...
* constructing new image...
* base size: 70000
* No separate recovery Xell available!
* Flash Layout:
0x0..0x1FF (0x200 bytes) Header
0x200..0xFFF (0xE00 bytes) Padding
0x1000..0x3FFF (0x3000 bytes) SMC
0x4000..0x7FFF (0x4000 bytes) Keyvault
0x8000..0x9ABF (0x1AC0 bytes) CB_A 5772
0x9AC0..0x1313F (0x9680 bytes) CB_B 5772
0x13140..0x1913F (0x6000 bytes) CD 9452
0x19140..0xBFFFF (0xA6EC0 bytes) Padding
0xC0000..0xFFFFF (0x40000 bytes) Xell (backup)
0x100000..0x13FFFF (0x40000 bytes) Xell (main)
* Encoding ECC...Done!
------------- Written into output\image_00000000.ecc
Arm Version: Version: 03
Flash Config: 0x01198010
Writing Nand
Done!
in 0:10 min:sec

Last edited:

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
Falcons are not very good on rgh2, rgh1 was excellent for them and yes with 14719 you have to use rgh2, jaspers are better for rgh2 but slims are the best I believe.

I did one falcon rgh2 but was only after the DVD key, took a long time to boot xell. You just have to leave it glitching, got it work with freeboot but still slow so just it back to standard console as I already have two rgh jaspers that work great.

Last edited:
Reactions: djavs

freegetter

Dec 22, 2011
Australia
Post pic of installation as sites rule.
So from there people can help you to see what wiring you use how you place them
It say "a picture tell thousand word"so ur pic will explained lot more.

djavs

Apr 19, 2009
UK Leicester
Falcons are not very good on rgh2, rgh1 was excellent for them and yes with 14719 you have to use rgh2, jaspers are better for rgh2 but slims are the best I believe.

I did one falcon rgh2 but was only after the DVD key, took a long time to boot xell. You just have to leave it glitching, got it work with freeboot but still slow so just it back to standard console as I already have two rgh jaspers that work great.

ok so whats actually going on would a CPU rest help out? is there something am doing wrong here's my install i know all the wires are working its just the CPU bit which making me thing WTF. its not the coolrunner giving an issue i tried a new one. wiring right on it etc..(oh i puled the wrong part of hence why i added a resitor on to get the green light to come on and glitch. BUT still not booting to xell...am i doing anything wrong in jrunner??

View attachment 10125

View attachment 10126

View attachment 10127

View attachment 10128

View attachment 10129

jonboy419x

BANNED
Jan 28, 2012
OH,USA
Does the green light blink?
I see that you removed the on board 10 ohm resistor somehow but the 10 ohm soldered to that pad should work or bridge 2-3 and put resistor on the D pad
Your stdnby_clk repair lookes dodgy too
What's the post_out look like?

Edit:
I just looked at our other thread myanswers where given there already by other members so why didn't you continue that thread? I read that one earlyer today

Last edited:

djavs

Apr 19, 2009
UK Leicester
Does the green light blink?
I see that you removed the on board 10 ohm resistor somehow but the 10 ohm soldered to that pad should work or bridge 2-3 and put resistor on the D pad
Your stdnby_clk repair lookes dodgy too
What's the post_out look like?

Edit:
I just looked at our other thread myanswers where given there already by other members so why didn't you continue that thread? I read that one earlyer today
hi thanks for your reply

iwas given this advice to get the coolrunner back up
http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=638314&posted=1#post638314

i had to solder the 10ohm to number 2 because i pulled off the R12 bit. The green light now comes on and goes off so yes its blinking.

i can bridge 2-3 but the you sure putting an 10ohm on D would work even with R12 no present anymore?

ok how can i make my stnby_clk repair better? the console booting if i remove it it stops booting. especially when i go back to stock it boots in seconds.

what do you mean by post_out? sorry am new to the terminology are we talking about the back of the board?

so am stuck now help

Dicko316

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2010
North East/UK
Try all the timing files, A, B, C, D and Falcon.

Try with the 10ohm and without it. Also try more or less too. 2ohm, 20ohm etc.

Try CPU_RESET (Blue wire, pad D) routed topside and underside.

Try same wire(blue) with different lengths, also with and with out the 10ohm, and with every timing file.

Failing that try the capacitor and resistor in series trick that Martin C came up with.
Take a look at the CPU_RESET cleaner, thats what its based on.

There are plenty of threads about RGH2 and falcons have a read through them and try everything suggested.

djavs

Apr 19, 2009
UK Leicester
Try all the timing files, A, B, C, D and Falcon.

Try with the 10ohm and without it. Also try more or less too. 2ohm, 20ohm etc.

Try CPU_RESET (Blue wire, pad D) routed topside and underside.

Try same wire(blue) with different lengths, also with and with out the 10ohm, and with every timing file.

Failing that try the capacitor and resistor in series trick that Martin C came up with.
Take a look at the CPU_RESET cleaner, thats what its based on.

There are plenty of threads about RGH2 and falcons have a read through them and try everything suggested.
thank d**ko316

yes i'll try all timing files i wasnt sure if i could use A and D as they say jasper etc etc.

Try CPU_RESET (Blue wire, pad D) routed topside and underside. what is the number of the bottom pad so i can try it

yes i've been reading loads of threads and noticed am not alone CRACKER and few others have the same issues.

View attachment 10138

View attachment 10139

View attachment 10140

Dicko316

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2010
North East/UK
The CPU_RESET point on the underside is exactly the opposite side of the topside one, the connection/point runs directly through the mother board to the other side.

The reason to use this sometimes is to avoid interfearence.

mkg

Noob Account
Mar 24, 2003
Cape Town
I had a simular problem with falcon 5773 (719) the green stayed flashing for hours tried pwr on/off still would'nt glitch. Then read on forum about the capacitor (680pf) and resistor (3k3) fix. There are other combinations of this. The cap and resistor in parallel and in series with the CPU_RESET and used the falcon RGH2 for coolrunner got glitching within a minute.
Read here worked for me http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87380. Good luck there.

djavs

Apr 19, 2009
UK Leicester
I had a simular problem with falcon 5773 (719) the green stayed flashing for hours tried pwr on/off still would'nt glitch. Then read on forum about the capacitor (680pf) and resistor (3k3) fix. There are other combinations of this. The cap and resistor in parallel and in series with the CPU_RESET and used the falcon RGH2 for coolrunner got glitching within a minute.
Read here worked for me http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87380. Good luck there.

i've got a cpu rest cleaner would that help? r do i still need to buy the above???

cj_goalie31

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
i've got a cpu rest cleaner would that help? r do i still need to buy the above???
Hey i had the same problem as you with falcon rgh 2. The only way i could get it to glitch is with 30cm original blue wire over the disc drive and fan shroud with 470pf and 3.3k resistor. Try that with the cpu reset cleaner and see if it boots

Reactions: djavs

djavs

Apr 19, 2009
UK Leicester
Hey i had the same problem as you with falcon rgh 2. The only way i could get it to glitch is with 30cm original blue wire over the disc drive and fan shroud with 470pf and 3.3k resistor. Try that with the cpu reset cleaner and see if it boots
can you share a picture so i can understand wht you mean please

jonboy419x

BANNED
Jan 28, 2012
OH,USA
he is saying run the blue wire from the phat set of wires over the fan shroud to the top side of the through hole cpu_rst point and set your cpu_rst cleaner to 3.3k and 470pf whick is a very good setup also try 1k and 470pf that worked better for me but all xboxes act different at least you have the cleaner to try the different combos i did mine with res and caps which is alot more soldering

Last edited: