FALCON RGH2 Falcon, first look with CR4XL!!

daretogo

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Denver, CO
Phat guide is complete.

Stef is getting Jrunner updated with the Magic files :)

Uber - if the "magic" files make this any better than the "normal" stuff I used in the current version of Jrunner I might just explode...

I don't have long (gotta help the wifey get dinner ready for the kids) I rushed this install, didn't trim any wires, didn't tune anything and it's already booting better than any other RGH2 solution I've ever used.

Seriously, no cap even tested. Only thing I did was switch on dip 3 as Uber had in his install.

EDIT: Video is live!

[video=youtube;IStagsmdg-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStagsmdg-E[/video]

Last edited:

XDK

VIP Member
Uber - if the "magic" files make this any better than the "normal" stuff I used in the current version of Jrunner I might just explode...

I don't have long (gotta help the wifey get dinner ready for the kids) I rushed this install, didn't trim any wires, didn't tune anything and it's already booting better than any other RGH2 solution I've ever used.

Seriously, no cap even tested. Only thing I did was switch on dip 3 as Uber had in his install.

Video is still uploading, but as of the moment I am hitting submit on this post YouTube says it has 15 minutes left to upload.

ya you've seen nothing yet wait till jrunner has those magic files :D

Reactions: Ubergeek

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI

EDIT: Video is live!

In your video, you say it took "3" cycles. With RJTAG, this is only technically 2 cycles, meaning it failed once, as there are two blinks on a successful R-JTAG glitch.

And yes, the magic files are sweet :p.

daretogo

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Denver, CO
In your video, you say it took "3" cycles. With RJTAG, this is only technically 2 cycles, meaning it failed once, as there are two blinks on a successful R-JTAG glitch.

And yes, the magic files are sweet :p.
Yea I debated that point in the video itself - and perhaps the final files will change this - but I actually did get a good boot off just one "blink" of the dbg light but most boots were after two blinks. (the first blink being almost immediately after pressing the power button)

I suppose I'll hook up rater and get a full blown count - but there is hardly a point with this level of performance with zero tuning.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
You can absolutely get Falcons and Jaspers to tune to 1 cycle 100% of the time - you've got lot's of settings to play with :)

Your postbit jumper is wrong btw (its not set to default) :)

But yeah - 2 cycles out of the box with no messing about.