ANSWERED RGH2 with Rev A ? and what's that Rev D ?

eldon

Noob Account
Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

just found an old bag full of Coolrunner Rev A (?, there's no "Rev X" printed on the board), they look identical to the current board (RC1?) picture we can see on the team-xecuter product page..

So can i do anything with those old modchips on recent "updated" x360.

for example i have a Phat jasper on kernel 2.0.16767, so as i understand it would require RGH2.
Is there a way to use those old Coolrunners RevA to do some GLH2 ?

Lastly, looking already for newer modchips, i saw a Coolrunner "Rev D", being stupid i guess it would perform better than the Rev C, any changelog available somewhere ?

thank you.
.eldon

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Rev A will work fine for RGH1 and trinity. Keep away from Rev D since they are fake and crap.

Yeah they do work on RGH2 on phat also but need a lot more work.

Last edited:

eldon

Noob Account
Dec 17, 2014
Great i'll try that and see how it goes.

So yeah my modchips are Rev.A according to those pictures, i'll read the tutorial tomorrow and will try to locate that "jasper fix link".

Interesting setup for the CPU RESET cable, can i use some old 10Base2 (50ohm? lan/oscilloscope bnc) coax cable ?
Can't be worse than bare cable anyways, if shielding is required..

i'm also assuming that i only require the nand-x programmer to perform that Rev.A GLH2 mod, i don't have any other hardware for RGH modding (besides some other off-topic programmers, ******++, infectus..).

so i would follow the same process as Rev.C GLH2 mod :

nand-x -> dump
nand-x -> xell -> cpu_key -> build "nandX"
nand-x -> coolrunner programming
nand-x -> flash "nandX"
done

i'm more concerned by the "nand-x -> xell -> cpukey" on new kernels, but i guess that's part of the updated hack you figured out.

Should i check my CB version after dumping the nand, i don't remember when that can be done or if it has to be checked ?

@http://team-xecuter.com/forums/member.php?191763-AntalpromilleAntalpromille
any comments on the "lot more work required" ?
removing c15 shouldn't make me sweat that much if that was it.

okay no Rev.D then, i'm a bit surprised, i wouldn't have thought those guys would bother selling fakes..

Out of curiosity what's that "Coolrunner v2" mentionned in the tutorial, was it R-jtag ?

thx for the quick replies.

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
With "lot more work required" I'm saying that with the regular CR Rev A-C you will need more tweaking and work to get them stable and booting (wire length, routing etc.), compared to CR4 that boots OK as long as you install it like in the instructions.

Reactions: eldon

eldon

Noob Account
Dec 17, 2014
okay i understand, i'm also looking at cr3 & cr4 modchips and r-jtag / dual nands.

but my goal is actually to make some room more than anything else, getting rid of those coolrunners, putting them in some reflowed / reballed phat x360s i have laying around (some are still rgh1 compatible) and selling them for a fair price.

so i'm glad i can use those RevA to do RGH2.
I see that everything needed is in the J-Runner software, very nice.

Also the top side cpu reset point (if available i guess) may improve things a bit, i will check the signal noise on that line using my shielded cable.

thx for your comments