Ripped Capacitor off the board

clayfacessj5

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
United States
was trying to install the sx lite and right when I was finish soldering an trying to troubleshoot I lifted the chip up an ripped the capacitor off the board. luckily I didn't ripped the solder pads on the board. but I don't know how to re-solder it back to the board it's to small.

]

jorden

Nov 4, 2013
so i guess your want to ask a qustion? :D

put flux on the solder pads, apply leaded solder to the pads, place a heatgun underneath and as soon as the solder melts, push the condensator to the solderpads. be carefull...you have to works fast or you will hburn your board. a proper way of doing it would be using hot tweazers.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
It looks like the solder pad on the right has almost lifted completely from the mainboard.

You need to find where the trace from this pad runs to and jump a wire from there to the capacitor.

If you feel that the component is too small or you don't have the required skills to rework, you might want to consider contacting a professional installer to fix this for you.

clayfacessj5

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
United States
My idea it to solder wires to each solder point then solder the other end to the sx lite which will have the cap already on the chip. The question is does this capacitor only use to power the micro sd or is it part of a bigger Circuit?

did anyone make a schematic diagram of the switch lite yet?