GENERAL RROD but no error code

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwangwey

Noob Account
Dec 20, 2006
Penang, Malaysia
Hi there

I had got a Falcon xbox 360 with RROD from a fan, at first I had the error code 0022.

So I proceed to install the kit, once installed switched on the power, the xbox started blinking 3 red lights but it did not heated up at all. It's like there is a power cut and there is only the 3 red ights blinking. I tried to truble shoot the code, this time round the lights did not show any codes , its only 3 red lights blinking consistently.

Then I proceed to check the board and found this(in the red circle all being soldered):

Is this the problem?
Any advise?

Menethoran

VIP Member
Sep 1, 2012
Reading, PA
Take a soldering iron to it and make it look like the pad to the left of it (It should be 4 small pads, not one big one).
Also, What motherboard is it?

Last edited:

kwangwey

Noob Account
Dec 20, 2006
Penang, Malaysia
Hi,
Its a falcon. I tried using a solder iron to make it to 4 pads, but the solder is not getting off. I even use a braid, the solder just wont come off. is there any other way?

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA
Its a falcon, says in the first sentence. But yes, desolder that blob, shouldbe 4 smaller pads. Somebody was messy.

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Hi,
Its a falcon. I tried using a solder iron to make it to 4 pads, but the solder is not getting off. I even use a braid, the solder just wont come off. is there any other way?
Use some flux

Reactions: djbroake

Menethoran

VIP Member
Sep 1, 2012
Reading, PA
Its a falcon, says in the first sentence.

Sorry, Havent had enough coffee yet, I missed that :)

As my cohort said... use flux. Also, what wattage is your iron?

Additionally, if you cant get the pads there to flow back to where they belong... maybe take it to a pro...

Menethoran

VIP Member
Sep 1, 2012
Reading, PA
Its a falcon, says in the first sentence.

Sorry, Havent had enough coffee yet, I missed that :)

As my cohort said... use flux. Also, what wattage is your iron?

Additionally, if you cant get the pads there to flow back to where they belong... maybe take it to a pro...
Maybe someone else can doublecheck this as well.. BUT, it seems like you are missing some components... (I only have 1 falcon to check it against... ) But her's a pic of what MY Falcon looks like in that area... that doesnt mean it's the only configuration they used... )

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u645/Menethoran/IMAG0071.jpg

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA

kwangwey

Noob Account
Dec 20, 2006
Penang, Malaysia
Is there any different Falcon in the market?my friend bought this brand new. Only when he tried to rgh it, he messed it up, then after that he had the RROD. I know he did messed up a few point but he did not dare to remove anything else frm the board.

After I had restore his Xbox, the xbox was booting fie, only util a week later the showing the 0022 error code. So I procee with the fix, but after that it just start blining 3 red lights but the heat sinks are not heating up at all.It sort f like a power cut , fan not spinning. So I guess it must be smething else.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
You're all on the wrong track. That's one big pad, not 4 small ones. it's the solder point for the gate of the MOSFET, hence why it's so big.

OP, you got it faulty so I suggest you fix it before trying to RGH it.

If you can't fix it, post in the relevant section to see if anyone will quote for a repair.

Closed as answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Our Sponsors